Business View Change Problem

oliverge

Initailly the business view related to a form is based on one table, later I changed the business view to base on 3 joined tables including original table. The view has more columns from new two tables, the colums from original table are the same. When I reapply the BSVW to the same form, the ER codes seem perfect as before, but most if not all BC fields are gone if double click the line in ER editor.
Does anyone know how to correct such problems?

Thanks a lot.

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Not so fortunate what I will write, but changing the BSVW behind a form is a dramatical mod. In this case generally the best way to exit OW, delete the six spec files and sign-on OW again.

Genrally neccesarry to open the form and grid properties, and hit OK. Also good habit to check all ER references.

Appending some more field to the end of BSVW genrally does not cause problems, but changing a BSVW from a based on one table based to a joined one can cause problems.

If you havel luck and re-check everything related in the APPL, maybe, you wil success.

Good luck,

Zoltán

Oliver,

Even BC field is gone if you double click, but if you copy the the even rule and paste it, you may get it again.

Hopefully it will help.
Raymond

Back