Built-In JD Edwards Implementation/Upgrade Issues Log

Terry DeMoure

Terry DeMoure

VIP Member
I have been tasked with searching if anyone has ever come across an application built into OneWorldXE and/or EnterpriseOne that was designed for maintaining an Issues Log during implementations and upgrades. I had never heard of it but I have been told there is something that exists.

Anyone have any insight on this?

JD Edwards used the SAR system internally to track issues. I don't know if any clients have used it. It does integrate with OMW.

You can quickly build this functionality utilizing the Supplemental Database - vanilla feature in JDE. The SDB Code has a built-in value of 'IN' - Incident Logging.

[ QUOTE ]
I have been tasked with searching if anyone has ever come across an application built into OneWorldXE and/or EnterpriseOne that was designed for maintaining an Issues Log during implementations and upgrades. I had never heard of it but I have been told there is something that exists.

Anyone have any insight on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

We found that tracking problems with an E1 implementation quickly caused the size of the database to exceed the maximum 524,272 terabytes.

Ah yes... Plus if you had a tool like this, some of the first issues you would need to log would be problems with the tool that tracks the problems. There are few things more satisfying that having trouble with a thing that is supposed to help you with trouble. The "troubleshooting Change Assistant" link on the Patches & Updates page is a red flag into this territory.

Hi Guys

Sorry but I have been out of JDElist all week. I will forward the information onto my IT Director that is tasking me with tracking this down. It appears that tracking implementation/upgrade/CRP issues on an Excel file hosted on a network directory is not really what our internal auditors prefer, coupled with the fact that we (I.T.) do not want to overload our help desk application either. We seem to remember some type of JDE internal application for hosting this but it has been a while since any of us have stumbled across it again.
tongue.gif

ROFL!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ah yes... Plus if you had a tool like this, some of the first issues you would need to log would be problems with the tool that tracks the problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Terry,

You could look at the Work orders module. This was origanlly setup to manage help desk type calls.

I am really needing to get my hands on an old demo CD of B733xx and XE containing the database that Melissa Penfield from Majestic Realty (posted in another blog) was referring to if anyone has one. If you do, please mail to me at:

Terry H. DeMoure
OYO Geospace
7007 Pinemont
Houston, TX 77040

[ QUOTE ]
There used to be a db like you describe delivered with the demo CD of B73xx and Xe. It was an access database that someone somewhere along the line at JDE designed and they included it on the install CDs at the time. I don't know if it is included in the full licensed version of thoses releases of JDE however. It was a bit clunky as I recall and not integrated with anything within the JDE software. I don't believe I have any of those old demo CD's anymore but can look if you are interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

Terry,

Our company uses its own proprietary web-based helpdesk ticketing solution called IMS (Issue Management System) for Knowledge Management and Ticket Tracking.

I would be happy to arrange a demo for your team in case you would like to explore the possibility of using it for issue tracking and ticket management in your company. We have some of our customer using it for past many years and they like it. It had built a very good repository of knowledge for them which they can allways go back and refer to if need be.

[ QUOTE ]
Our company uses its own proprietary web-based helpdesk ticketing solution called IMS (Issue Management System) for Knowledge Management and Ticket Tracking.

[/ QUOTE ]
We already have a Help Desk utility Vish and not in the market for another as we are very pleased with it. We are interested in this old database for tracking our upgrade issues only so we can keep them from clogging up our Help Desk utility but still meet the requirements of our internal auditors.

Back