BU Change / AAI Error / JDEdebug

KKJ70

Well Known Member
Hello all!

We had our business units changed from a 3 digit number to a 4 digit number to better share information with another software.

Via the consultant's login and phone instructions, the changes made included the BU number change via P0006 and transferring the values to the new BU via P09812. Is there anything more to be done?
=====
When running Sales Update, we are getting different errors for the same Sales Order, same version. The errors shown in the Work with Work Center are:
- Invoice Amount Equal to Zero: this appears on every error, but sometimes it is the only information in the error.

- No records meet search criteria; Invoice Amount Equal to Zero; Order Contains Errors; Invoice Amount Equal to Zero; Distribution AAI Number 4230 Invalid (invoice amount equal to zero); Account Number is Invalid; Distribution AAI Number 4240 Invalid .... and so on ....

Within the 4230 and 4240, the BU were still showing the 3 digit number. I changed these to a 4 digit number, but still got the above errors.
=====
We have turned on the JDEdebugLog, but do not see the errors. To be honest, we were not given any instructions on running the JDEdebugLog.

Question summary:
- We are doing the testing in PY - does anything special have to be done to run debug in one environment, or is it activated for all?
- Is there any additional steps needed to make the change from a 3 digit BU to a 4 digit BU than described above?
- Where else can we check for the AAI's?

Lost - Need help!
~Kelli

A lot of this is going to depend on what modules you run in JDE.
One of the key things is you would need to run R09806 to update all old/existing records in the F0901, F0911 and F0902 Files? As far as AAI's go, you will need to check/change all the financial AAI's (P0012) and manufacturing AAI's (P40950).
If you use Fixed Assets, you will also need to run the R12802 to update the Fixed Asset files, then update your depreciation and disposal defaults to make sure these are correct.
You also need to consider any reports which have data selection of Business Units that will need to be changed.

As for these Sales Orders, I would check these orders in the F4211 and F4201 to ensure any/all business unit fields on them are the right 4 digit ones.

As a final comment (just my personal opinion) I am surprised a consultant would try to do something like this over the phone...

Have you changed the BU on the sales order (SDMCU and SDEMCU)? Or do you have all your BUs set in DMAAI?

[ QUOTE ]
As a final comment (just my personal opinion) I am surprised a consultant would try to do something like this over the phone...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I was surprised to learn this as well and wish I had been involved.

I am looking into the areas suggested and will see what I come up with.

Thank you!
~Kelli

[ QUOTE ]
Have you changed the BU on the sales order (SDMCU and SDEMCU)? Or do you have all your BUs set in DMAAI?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mate, I hope it only cost a phone call. But then again you got advice for the cost of a phone call (yes this was ironic). Hope the consultant is a good bloke, you'll want to keep him as a friend.
grin.gif
, it'll keep your company's cost contoller certainly happy.

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of this is going to depend on what modules you run in JDE.
One of the key things is you would need to run R09806 to update all old/existing records in the F0901, F0911 and F0902 Files? As far as AAI's go, you will need to check/change all the financial AAI's (P0012) and manufacturing AAI's (P40950).
If you use Fixed Assets, you will also need to run the R12802 to update the Fixed Asset files, then update your depreciation and disposal defaults to make sure these are correct.
You also need to consider any reports which have data selection of Business Units that will need to be changed.

As for these Sales Orders, I would check these orders in the F4211 and F4201 to ensure any/all business unit fields on them are the right 4 digit ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, here is a little more information as to how our sales orders are being done, specifically Direct Ship (SD).
We have 3 Branch/Plants to select from when doing an SD order [CVL/CSG/SAM]. All items are in the Item Master and corresponding B/P.
An OD is automatically created from the information entered in the SD. The Purchasing Department enters the Account Number [Business Unit (revenue).Object (direct ship orders), no subsidiary] for the OD line items. The BU/revenue number is what used to be 3 digits.
The line type used is D for both the sales and purchase orders. The GL class for the item is an EPM Purchased Part (200000).

The only business unit entry in the sales order is the branch/plant (SAM). The 4 digit BU number is entered during the purchasing process.

I do not find any of the 3 or 4 digit BU in P0012.
I did change the P40950 that was listed as being missing in the error report, but still received the same errors.
I do not find anything to support that R09806 or R12802 were ever ran. wonderful

When we turn on JDEdebug log, nothing is coming up related to my test. Any ideas on that?

Thanks for your help.
~Kelli

As far as the update reports, I'd personally go back to the consultant and ask "aren't we supposed to run these?". Not knowing your entire set-up, maybe there is a reason why they weren't ran.....
But, onto the problem at hand..
Do you still have the Debug log? If so, can you attach it. Sometimes it's easier to trawl through these and they can point you in the right direction, even if it doesn't provide the full answer.

Just a quick thought. In the Sales Order Update processing options there is one on the first tab (#5 I think) that specifies where to pull the BU from. You might want to check these are the same in PY and PD.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The BU for the sales order is different than the 3/4 digit numbers that were changed. The numbers that were changed identify departments and are entered during the Purchasing process for the OD order.

I have included more information on another reply post I entered a bit ago on this topic.

~Kelli

[ QUOTE ]
As far as the update reports, I'd personally go back to the consultant and ask "aren't we supposed to run these?". Not knowing your entire set-up, maybe there is a reason why they weren't ran.....
But, onto the problem at hand..
Do you still have the Debug log? If so, can you attach it. Sometimes it's easier to trawl through these and they can point you in the right direction, even if it doesn't provide the full answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, we got very limited instructions on running the debug and are not sure if we did it correctly, especially since we have 4 different files. Pretty sad, huh?.
I do not know which to send or if it is the right thing. One file is 14mb, others are 3mb, 4mb, 371kb.

[ QUOTE ]
Just a quick thought. In the Sales Order Update processing options there is one on the first tab (#5 I think) that specifies where to pull the BU from. You might want to check these are the same in PY and PD.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both were set to the same .. blank, which defaults to 3 = Revenue Business Unit for all
accounts except Inventory

When submitting the Sales Order Update make sure you only submit it for one order to make sure the debug is as small as possible.
I am on a different release but you can set the debug to run when submitting the sales order update (hopefully attached is the same instructions for your release).

Attachments

• 152179-debug.doc
    178 KB · Views: 101
[ QUOTE ]
When submitting the Sales Order Update make sure you only submit it for one order to make sure the debug is as small as possible.
I am on a different release but you can set the debug to run when submitting the sales order update (hopefully attached is the same instructions for your release).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks again Roger!
I turned it on and have attached the log.
~Kelli

For some reason, I can't get the attachment to download. Keeps giving me Page Not Found.

[ QUOTE ]
For some reason, I can't get the attachment to download. Keeps giving me Page Not Found.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just not my week, I guess.
I will try this again.
~K

Back