BSVW Join Type

haritod

Hello List!
Due to correct working of my report I need to get a set of records that are presented in one table and absent in other table. I created BSVW consisting of mentioned tables joined using left outer/right outer join type. After that I've created conditional section based on this BSVW. When I called this section nothing was happend (i.e. BSVW didn't contain any data). I changed join type, direction of join and even Primary Table at BSVW Design Aid.
Does anybody have an experience of working with join type at BSVW Design Aid? Is it standard bug of J.D. Edwards or I miss some steps?

Best regards, mail to: [email protected]

Env. B733/SP13.3/HP-UX/NT/Oracle

Would you mind listing the number of tables and their join types? I've been through this before, but I'd like to see what you're doing before recommending you do something that's unrelated to your problem.

Darren Ricciardi - OneWorld Whipping Boy

Hi haritod,

Yes it's possible to do a list of record in a table that do not exist in another one.

Example :

Table1 (Primary Table)
Table2 (Secondary Table)

If you want the list of record in Table1 WITHOUT a link in Table2, try this.

In business view designer, add Table1 (Primary table), add Table2 (secondary table)

Link Table1 to Table2 (Left Outer Join)

Save your view.

In RDA add a section (NOT CONDITIONAL) and attach you new business view. If run the report you will now have all record from table1 and the link to Table2, if some record from table 1 do not have a link to table2 the value in table 2 will be NULL.

Finaly to filter only the record WITHOUT a link, add data selection (Table2.key field == NULL), this is because all field in table2 will be NULL for NON Linked record.

Don't forget sometime when you build new business view you will have to close out of OneWorld and log back in (even delete Global Tables).

Give me some feedback !

Christian Audet

Implementing B7333 (Xe) SP14.1, SQL
(Support B732, B7331 and B7332)

Hi Christian!
Why did you say "(NOT CONDITIONAL)"?
It's very crucial for me because section with mentioned BSVW is not main section and it is launched from "Initialize section" event of main detailed section.

Best regards, mail to: [email protected]

Env. B733/SP13.3/HP-UX/NT/Oracle

Back