BF on AS400

RaymondX

Hello List,
I create BF and get pass in local, then CNC build package on servers. problem is the BF only pass on application server but fail on AS400 server. does it mean C code only accept by Microsoft (my local NT and application server) but not AS400 C code ??? Attached is my C code
Thanks for any idea
Raymond
B7332. Window 2000 IBM 400

Attachments

• 51903-B5598001.C
    6 KB · Views: 155
Have you tried creating the business function manually on the AS/400 and examing the compile listings? These might indicate why the build is failing.

There should be a library on the AS/400 with the same name as the package you are trying to deply to e.g. F030319DV. You should find the sourec for your business function in there. You will probably need to setup your library list so that the header files are incorporated within the compile.

Make sure that the BSFN has been defined to run both on Client and on the Server. If it's defined to run only on the Client, the package build will fail

The AS400 will only compile ANSI C compatible code. You can't include anything that is part of the Microsoft API.

I took a quick look at your code and these things jump out at me immediately. These commands are not part of ANSI C.

mkdir(szLogFileName);
_chdir(szLogFileName);

ShowWait(0,szCommandLine);

Thanks to all your replay, the problem is BF should be as "Client" only as
you find some code will not accept by AS400.

Raymond

Back