BF description

Rayxue

Well Known Member
Hi List

How can I get BF description for B4200310 (Edit Line). Some BF I can click "Business Function Notes" and fine something, other than that are there any other way I can see the description(except coding...) .

Thanks
Ray

Hi Ray,

First of all I miss (again) your release, SP/TS level and platform information.
mad.gif

On the other side, (cause is my English) I do not understand your issue clearly. The mentioned BSFN is one of rare,which has Attachment/Note as well on BSFN, Data Structure and DS Memeber level (at least on XE).

[ QUOTE ]
are there any other way I can see the description(except coding...)

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, elaborate your issue, mainly what do yo mean "except coding".

We would really like to help you, but it is almost impossible, if you do do not provide us with information.

Waiting for Details/Clarification & Regards,

Zoltán

zoltan, i think he means descriptions & commments one can (sometimes) find in bsfn-code.
ray, if you're lucky, a bsfn will have an attachment. and with even some more luck, the attachment will be up-to-date
grin.gif

Hi Omer,

I miss Ray's clarification/update - so I answer to your reply:
[ QUOTE ]
i think he means descriptions & commments one can (sometimes) find in bsfn-code.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose, these are attechmnts on BSFNs, am I right?

This way my method is to open dummy mode the BSFN call in ER, and then I can check BSFN level attachment as well as on DSTR or DSTR Member level attachments. Sometimes(!!!) I get more valuable info on DSTR or DSTR Member level in vanilla BSFN calls.

Regards,

Zoltán

hi zoltan, no, what i meant was: when ray says "(except) coding", he maybe refers to the descriptions & comments in the bsfn-code itself (both NER and c). ps: good point about the DSTR-level notes (but until now, I've never stumbled upon a DSTR that actually *has* notes
smile.gif
).

Hi Omer,

[ QUOTE ]
hi zoltan, no, what i meant was: when ray says "(except) coding", he maybe refers to the descriptions & comments in the bsfn-code itself (both NER and c).

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, maybe I missunderstood, BUT I understand in this relation "comment", but do not "description" - they are different scope, don't you think?

There are several free source or trial text editors to filter out the code and just see the comments - I suppose.

Just an alternative solution Insiside JDE tools - search for marks of the comment (NER,C specific).

...at last, but not least - I can not figure out the real target of the original issue.

Regards,

Zoltán

hi zoltan, i meant descriptions like these, in the source-code itself:

[ QUOTE ]

* Business Function: LoadF4211Structure
* Description: Load F4211 Structure
* This Function creates memory for the Data Structure
* F4211 and copies all the parameters that are passed
* to it into that data structure and returns the pointer
* to F4211.
* The application has to
* 1)pass a NULL value for idPointerToF4211DS when the
* memory needs to be allocated and
* 2)FREE the memory using the Business Function
* FreePtrToDataStructure(LPBHVRCOM lpBhvrCom,
* LPVOID lpVoid,LPDS53447 lpDS)
* (B4000460.c)

[/ QUOTE ]

(This example is from b4200020.c; Maybe not the best example, since the BSFN itself has an attachment as well, but now you no what i mean
cool.gif
).

Hi Omer,

First of all, your quote does not contains the C comment beginning/ending slash marks "/" before/after * of the comnment
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

In my point of view, this is a COMMENT not a description - but feel yourself free to treat as a DECRIPTION.

Hope, you very well know - this is not an attackt to you
cool.gif

After all, what is the reason to figure out the real issue of the original poster, when his thread is not updated/clearified by him???

At last, but not least - I appreciate your contribution to JDEList (really).

See/Read you again here & Best Regards,

Zoltán from Hu..., with problematical English languge knowldge

zoltan, thanx. and yes, you're right: technically it's a comment of course. but i presume you understand why i called it a "description". (If not, then here's a hint: It says so in the comment
tongue.gif
). as for the original issue: i interpreted it as "if a bsfn has no attachment, is there another way of retrieving info on what de bsfn does?".

Back