Batch JE processing - upload error

greenapple

greenapple

Hi, I faced some problem when trying to walk through the whole Batch JE Processing as per A7.3 manual. Would appreciate some inputs to help me get through it.

Steps taken are:
1. did a Client Access download of selected fileds from the AS/400 file (F0911Z1) to PC to create a PC description file
2. created an Excel data file using the same order of fields downloaded in (1)
3. saved (2) as Text(Tab Delimited) file
4. ran 'data tranfer to iSeries' from Txt file saved in (3) to Library/F09112(member), having fdf file created in (1) as pc file description
5. error received:
CWBDB0036 - Server returned SQL error
SQL0206 - COLUMN VNEXR NOT IN SPECIFIED TABLES
6. I tried repeated steps 1 to 4 by removing filed VNEXA, then the error is 'COLUMN VNEXA NOT IN SPECIFIED TABLES', realized that the error always point to the last column.

Hence can't proceed to perform 'Print Source File', 'Journal Entry Field Mapping' and 'Journal Entry Conversion' as spelt out in A7.3 manual now.

Thanks in advance.

You should download file F09112 to your PC, not F0911Z1, to obtain your field descriptions.

File F0911Z1 will be populated based on your field mappings on menu G09311, option 2 (file imported from your PC using data transfer).

File F09112 (and member) contains the flat file from your PC- typically a flat record which you then break out using menu option 2 on G09311.

The field break out you define will then be pushed into the F0911Z1 file with the VNxxxx fields when you run option 3 on menu G09311

Hi Papdog, thanks for the help, I managed to upload the data now, mapping done but facing some difficulties with the conversion part. But I will sort it out.
Thanks.

Back