• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Batch create sales orders

nkuebelbeck

VIP Member
we are converting from a legacy system and there are some old orders that need to be transfered into jde as sales order. All the sales header/detail information has been mapped to F4201/F4211 fields. What the best way to create these orders in JDE?

Manually isn't an option. There are around 84k orders.

options I can think of

1)AIS
2)roll my own UBE
3)?

EDIT: yes, one time import

Last edited:

Larry_Jones

Legendary Poster
My humble opinion is to either roll your own UBE -or- an external, non-jde program to write into F4201/F4211 - which ever is quicker/easier for you to do.

Assuming this is a one time process ...

BOster

Legendary Poster
For a one-time import thing like this or a temporary interface I would use the Z tables... assuming the sales order Z tables are still a thing???? We used them for this exact type scenario and they worked great, but that was back on Xe.

nkuebelbeck

VIP Member
For a one-time import thing like this or a temporary interface I would use the Z tables... assuming the sales order Z tables are still a thing???? We used them for this exact type scenario and they worked great, but that was back on Xe.
any help with z files would be great. I can't find any documentation. I can't find anyway to process the F4211Z1 and F4201Z1 - R42101Z seems like the one but can't find anything....

I feel like this should have a z file thing

craig_welton

Legendary Poster
Have a look at R47011. That's the EDI inbound purchase orders, which creates sales orders. F47011 and F47012 are the basic header/detail input tables.

Craig

nkuebelbeck

VIP Member
Have a look at R47011. That's the EDI inbound purchase orders, which creates sales orders. F47011 and F47012 are the basic header/detail input tables.

Craig
Thanks for this. I think this requires me to enable EDI for the given sold tos?

Working through this now. E1: 47: Inbound Purchase Orders Edit/Update (850/ORDERS) (R47011/P47010/R47002C/P4210) (Doc ID 2246982.2)

Last edited:
Thanks for this. I think this requires me to enable EDI for the given sold tos?

Working through this now. E1: 47: Inbound Purchase Orders Edit/Update (850/ORDERS) (R47011/P47010/R47002C/P4210) (Doc ID 2246982.2)
+1 for R47011. Yes you will need to set Batch Processing Mode (EDPM) on the Customer Master record equal to P.