Baffling! not found in User Defined Code

Shrikanthn

Well Known Member
Hi List,

We have a 8.0 websphere web client installation on Windows OS that users access today.

Occasionally we face a situation in which when a user chooses an existing UDC value which they have been choosing for the past 3 yrs without a problem, they get an error "not found in User Defined Code" it is ErrorID: 018A. The baffling thing is that it is the same UDC value they have been choosing for yrs. Also this error rectifies itself when we restart the webserver in the night. When they face this error we ask them to access the JDE system on a different port and the error does not appear. They continue to work normally.

We have limited CNC expertise and hence cant explain this. Can anybody suggest any hypothesis about this issue? Highly appreciated!

Best regards
shrikanth

shrikanth,

I hypothesize that the UDC's are cached and then corrupted. If you system has the option to refresh the cache (using the web SAW application), refresshing the cache may fix it. Fixing the cause may be a different matter.

You could search the knowledge jungle on the Oracle website for reported bugs that relate to this. It would be good if you could provide a more complete config for you system too.

That's my hypothesis, I hope it helps.

thanks a lot peter! your hypothesis gives us a glimmer of hope. will try this out and revert the next time the problem recurs. Thanks a lot again!

Back