Async events execution sequence on a Grid

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi List/Forum,

A problem on a Header/Detail already drived me crazy and I am already too tired to think clearly, so I ask you for fast answer.

What is the execution sequence on:
- Row Exited and Changed Inline
- Column Exited and Changed Asynch

Every answer will highly appreciated,

Regards,

Zoltám
P.S.: I will be back on the Forum next time tomorrow to read the possible answer(s) (local time is 9:58 PM)

Hi Zoltán

The sequence of processing is:
Column exit in-line
Column exit async
Row exit in-line
Row exit - async

If there is code in column exit async AND in row exit in-line, there is a good chance that due to the nature of async processing the ER of row exit in-line will finish before column exit async even though the event starts later.

Hope this helps,

PS You must have been tired as you misspelled your own name ;-)

Hi, what Sef said is absolutely correct. I would just like to add one more thing to it. if ur using the application on the web, then the events like column exit or control exit dont get fire as they are non-critical events, so if u have written any code in it, it will never run. To make the code in such events run, u will have to click on Options in the Event Rule window of that event and then click HTML Post option to make this event fire.
Hope this too helps u.

Mithun

Mithun

Will doing this (checking the HTML post option) also refresh the form when accessing the application from the web? The reason I ask is that ER in the control exit event may impact how the screen/data looks. If it does not refresh the form than I would suspect that a refresh form business function (i.e., B9800370) would have to be used. Is this correct?

Sef, Mithun

Thanks for your answers.
It wasn't a HTML page but a normal form.

My issue already had been resolved.

Just an advise for everybody:

Not a good programing habit on an input capable grid to change the column values in the Column Exited and/or Row Exited events, which columns have also their own logic on their Column Exited events.

The result could be unpredictable and mostly undesireable depending on how the user walking around on the columns and rows in the grid.

Regards,

Zoltán

Back
Top Bottom