As of Processing...

ChrisSugano

Has anyone ever set up as of processing after inventory transactions have been processed for years?

Our Finance department has been asking for As of Inventory reports lately, but it has not been set up. I have tried reading some basic enterprise One documentation, but it's not much help. Because we have so much data, the initial ube's run for almost 2 days, and then the results do not tie to any numbers I can find.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe even a link to better documentation?

Chris

I've done AS OF and its a PIA.
We wrote a UBE to write month end balances and std cost to a custom
table. This ube runs on scheduler at month end.
Much easier to deal with IMHO.

Hi.

We faced this situation, but we are not accounting inventory nor manufacturing transactions.

What we had to do is a custom report to setup Manufacturing GL date (set up as transaction date), and mark all manufactured movements ass posted. (Inventory ones already had GL date as was set up to not post)

The trick in this kind of situation is to launch the AS OF year by year, and launch the AS OF Updating R41548 between this to pass amount of items without movements in this year from previous year to current. So we begin transactions in 2002 and begin AS OF in 2006 and had to launch year by year 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 and between these launch the R41548 updating up to the year next to the one launched in ASOF.

Although the main problem we face is not with AS OF, but with Frozen Update and calculation dates, this lead our AS OF file to get differencies in amount due to the fact that we calculate the costs at a given date, but a few days late (due to our complex products), then the Frozen Update is unable to account using the AS OF quantities and always do using Real Available quantities in the moment is run, so we get differences in ASOF amounts against the ASOF quantity * Unit Cost at a given date, but we fix these differences using a custom report and a set of IA of € Amount only and no Quantity.

Hope This Helps

I have set up as of processing after inventory transactions have been processed for years, however i think you may have had a few more transactions than me. When I ran the report it took hours rather than days!

Check article 625402.1 on oracle's metalink for some documentation.

As for the data not matching up, have you ever purged the F4111 before running the AsOf generation R41542?

Back