Advanced pricing - Order discount based on net amount

jonesy101

I need to create a discount (advance pricing/adjustment schedule) at order level based on a total net threshold.

I.e. for selected customer, if the order net total equals or exceeds 10,000 Euro's, then an additional 10% discount needs to be applied to the order (at order level & not line level).

I've searched 8.10 & 8.11 online JDE books and
I've also tried googling and I've also looked at using the 'rebate' process option, but I keep hitting a dead end!

Any help useful!

Hello Simon,

When you refer to "order net total", what do you mean? How is it different
from "order gross total"? Also, do you want a separate order detail line for
the discount to appear on the sales order and the invoice?

Russell Karnap
[email protected]_ (mailto:[email protected])

In a message dated 2/10/2009 4:40:10 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

I need to create a discount (advance pricing/adjustment schedule) at order
level based on a total net threshold.

I.e. for selected customer, if the order net total equals or exceeds 10,000
Euro's, then an additional 10% discount needs to be applied to the order (at
order level & not line level).

I've searched 8.10 & 8.11 online JDE books and
I've also tried googling and I've also looked at using the 'rebate' process
option, but I keep hitting a dead end!

Any help useful!

Hi.

I think you can use the Third GROUP Of the item branch additional inforation tab ORPR

With this you can setup order level adjustments

You need to setup all the items to the same ORPR grou and then add a adjustment by this ORPR

Also this is valid for XE, I think that in 8.12 you could use advanced preferences to setup aditional or complex Order Price Groups based on category codes

You want a new Adjustment that is set for Order Level and Amount based. Attach a 'sold to' hierarchy, and/or Customer Group hierarchy that points at the customer. Adding details is the same as line level adjustments.

Enter your sales order, so it goes over the threshold you set in the adjustment details. Now, run the online 'Order/Basket' pricing row exit in SOE and you should see the adjustment show as a new order line.

Don't bother with order detail groups as another poster suggested. That is an entirely different concept and isn't directly related to Order Level adjustments.

Hi Whippingboy.

You are right, it could be done only with customer group, but the hierarchy must be set to item group customer group (at least in XE), only customer group is not allowed to order level.

then you can set the adjustment detail only by customer group and ignore the item group.

Back