• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Address Book for Send Private - NEW FEATURE!

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
I have just sent a Private Post and found that I can use an Address Book.
Eric, it is great /wwwimages/icons/king.gif, Thanks /wwwimages/icons/laugh.gif

On the other hand, I have tried to send a Private Post to a non existent user and I was able to do it. /wwwimages/icons/shocked.gif

Eric, would you make some check on the User Name in Send Private function in the future? /wwwimages/icons/cool.gif

Eric, thanks again for all of the new features and functionalties! /wwwimages/icons/smile.gif
/// Do Not Stop! /wwwimages/icons/wink.gif ///

Zoltán
P.S.: Eric, would you be so kind as making a post abaout every new features and functionalities on the "General Announcements / Frequently Asked Questions" board? Thanks.

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

ekempter

Administrator
What non-existent user did you send a private message to?

Place your system configuration information in your signature!

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Eric,
I am really ashamed of I am not remembering exactly.
It was suffixed with "Z.Gy" or "Gy.Z". Could it help?

There is an other circumtance that I do not remember exactly. Maybe there was a valid User Name selected in the Address Book field too. Is it possible that my test post was delivered to this address?

Do I make an other attempt memorizing all circumtances exactly?

In any case, excuse me that I was so inattentive, mainly if I reported a non-existent problem. (I was a little bit busy that time.)

Zoltán

ekempter

Administrator
I would be surprised if you were able to send a private e-mail to a non-existent address. You likely sent your message to a forum user. It will be interesting to see if you get a reply. <g>

Place your system configuration information in your signature!

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Eric, you are right.
Adrian (Chimirel) will be surprised receiving my test Private Post.
Adrian, excuse me /wwwimages/icons/blush.gif and don't be angry /wwwimages/icons/mad.gif with me. You were the first and single in my Address Book when I have made my test (Alphabethical Order /wwwimages/icons/smile.gif ?)

For the other Lister's information:

I have made a second experiment but this time I have noted every important circumtances.

1.) I entered a non-existent User Name in the first field and left the default "Choose a Name" value in the Address Book field. I wasn't able to submit my post but received a correct message about the reason of it. IT IS VERY WELL. /wwwimages/icons/king.gif

2.) I wanted to add myself to my Address Book (making the test on myself) but it wasn't allowed to add myself to my Address Book. IT IS ALSO VERY WELL. /wwwimages/icons/king.gif

3.) I added Eric to my Address Book.

4.) In my second attempt I entered a non-existent User Name in the first field again and selected Eric in the Address Book field. I submitted the post successfully and Eric received my post. IT IS ALSO VERY WELL. /wwwimages/icons/king.gif

I just wanted to share these informations with you and excuse me for my false alarm.

The FORUM is GREAT! /wwwimages/icons/cool.gif

Zoltán