activate/deactivate Bill of Materials

m_angel

Hi all,

I`m traying to find something that allows me Active or Deactive a Bill of Materials in order to prevent user launching a Work Order if the Bill of Materials is not active. Do you have any idea different than use effective dates in F3002?

Many Thanks.

You could also consider using the Bill Type and make sure that this is not the one used when copying bills into a work order (this is controlled by options).

Try using Bill Revision. There is a processing Option in R31410 and P3111 to prevent attachment of a Parts List at Prior Revision Levels. I have never had a need to use it but I suspect the theory is this: there is a BREV field on the F4801. If this doesn't match the BREV on the F3002 BoM then it won't attach.

The difficulty then is that getting the P48013 to have a different BREV from the BoM. BUT it is worth trying to see if this can be worked-up into a solution.

For a long time now the BREV F3002 and MERL in F4102 have been synched up by the Business Functions. Maybe if this could be tricked into being different? Does the P48013 pick up the MERL from the F4102 as default or is it blank? Check the DD.

Are you using effectivity dates to expire the BOM's? If the BOM is expired in relation to the start date on teh work order, it should not choose the BOM at the time of the R31410 execution, providing the processing options are set correctly. You can use the Where Used Update to accomplish expiring the BOM's.

Back