A92; SQLRPGLE and SQLRPGL in SVR (Software Version Repository)

Eric Lehti

VIP Member
Do you compile your embedded SQLRPG programs in SVR?
I thought that A92 would have UDC 98/FN function codes for SQLRPGL and SQLRPGLE so that SVR (Software Version Repository) could compile RPG source that has embedded SQL (e.g. C/exec sql )
I looked in A92 pristine environment and UDC 98/FN does not list anything for SQLRPG.
Oh well, I will continue to compile my RPGSQL program this way:
SBMJOB CMD(CRTSQLRPGI OBJ(AMSOBJ/P55008) SRCFILE(AMSSRC/JDESRC)
OPTION(*XREF) DBGVIEW(*SOURCE))
I searched P98CRTPGM for evidence that SQL RPG can be compiled but I do not see it.
I think I will post a question for Oracle support on this.

We have it as RPG in SVR 9801/9802 and in the source it is SQLRPG - we
just use the regular 14 to compile, nothing special.
Jim

Right you are, Jim. I just now confirmed that SQLRPGLE source will compile in A92 if SVR function code is set to RPGL. Maybe that would have worked in release A73 also. I verifyed by compiling several of these pristine JDE programs.
P00A114 SQLRPGLE
P00A132 SQLRPGLE
P00BLOG SQLRPGLE
P00USRC SQLRPGLE
P00USRD SQLRPGLE

I discovered that on the SVR (software version repository) screen that Maint/RSTDSP (field LFMT) value 'S' determines whether to compile SQL RPG and PLI programs.
Duh, I learn something every 5 years or so.

Does anyone know if this works in ver. 8.1
It seems when I try to compile via SVR the programs get errors.

With the following SVR setup.
Action Code. . . I
Member ID. . . . PG41021
Description. . . Build Daily On Hand File (10 days worth)
Function Code. . RPGL ILE RPG Programs
Function Use . . 139 Quick and Dirty Programs
System Code. . . 00 Foundation Environment
Reporting System 00 Foundation Environment
Base Member Name PG41021 File Prefix. . .
Maint/RSTDSP . . S Omit Option. . . Generation Sev .
Copy Data (Y/N). N Optional File. . N Common File. . . N

Years ago, I did have to add some code to make the RPGILE programs to compile, just wondering if anyone knows off hand what I would have to do to make these ones also compile.

Scott, go to JDFSRC/JDESRC and search P* for SQLRPGLE and RPGLE type members. Then view the SVR for these.
compile the programs to a library of your choice and review the joblog for how JDE compiled them.
Use those parameters you see on SVR screen on any custom RPGLE and SQLRPGLE programs you write.

Using PDM I found a few SQLRPGLE programs.
They did have entries in SVR, but the source was not listed.
So I added the source.. And tried. They wont compile either.
Looks like its doing a CRTDNDRPG instead of a CRTSQLRPGI command.

I remember YEARS ago when I first started working here (12 years ago), I had to change the P4211 to RPGILE. At that time, I updated a few CL programs that deal with compiling out of SVR. I suspect that has to be done for SQLRPGLE programs also.

We have not upgraded our version in 12 years. perhaps JDE (Oracle) had done something in 7.3 or 9.x to make this work.

Back