8.11 Stanalone asks for security server, then hangs

cscdans

Well Known Member
Hello we just installed 8.11 standalone (german and english version) on 2 sperarate PCs. We enterd SPC and is has been accepted.
We signon with:
User: DEMO
PWD: DEMO
Env: DEMO811
Role: *ALL

When we prss ok, we get a messagebox:
"Unable to send message to Security Server", after pressing OK we get a second one:
"Failed to communicate with security server: Unable to Unable to send message to Security Server"
after pressing OK we get a third one:
"PeopleSoft could not sing on you. Make sure your User ID is correct and retype your Password."

If we press ok after returning to the login-dialog and retyped the password the system hangs (an empty second windows is opened in the background).

If (re-) start we press one of the visual assist for ENV or role the same thing happens.

MSDE/JDElocal is started (we can acces via MSSQL-EnterpriseManager).

Can anybody help?

System WinXP Prof / WinXP Hone, both SP2

Regards,
Carsten

I had the same error. This is because your installation of E811 standalone
is not complete. Before installing E811 standalone you need to install jdbc
sp1 and websphere express, also you need to do some tricks before first CD
and before 2nd CD install. There's document in knowledge garden with step by
step instruction, title 'EnterpriseOne 8.11 Stand-Alone Client Installation
Guide', unfortunately I don't have a link. If you're interested I can send
it to you, this is 4 pages pdf document.

Regards
Leszek

Re: RE: 8.11 Stanalone asks for security server, then hangs

Carsten, Leszek

Thanks for the information. We are supposed to be getting the 8.11 Stand Alone soon. The link to the document is:

http://www4.peoplesoft.com/contdoc.nsf/0/800875d8f02d56bd88256f6c00807417/$FILE/standalone%20Installation.pdf

We had the same issue and after lots of support communication they determined the following.
1. JDENET_KERNEL_DEF4]
krnlName=SECURITY KERNEL
dispatchDLLName=jdekrnl.dll
dispatchDLLFunction=_JDEK_DispatchSecurity@28
maxNumberOfProcesses=1
numberOfAutoStartProcesses=1 >>>>>>This was set by default to '0', after changing to '1' the security kernel started allowed login to the application without the security server error.
2) Database names created in MSDE do not match those in F98611. Databases were detached and re-attached using the names in the table and that solved connection issues and table not found issues.
It looks like the database names in the F98611 are those of a Full version of 8.11 instead of the database names for a Standalone install.

Hope this helps

Hello Roland,
thank, but this doesn't matter in my Instalation.

We found out:
If using WinXP install XP-SP2.
Follow the Instructions in the Installation PDF.
When intsallation finished, reboot before first start.
Enter jde.ini and correct the paths of websphere.
Open MS-DOS-Shell (Start-Execute.. type cmd) and change to E811-Directory.
Type: loadeone
Now the login-screen of EOne should appear, but now wait for 30 seconds. Type Password DEMO (don't forget to press the shift-key!). DO NOT COLSE THE SHELL!!!
After ending your work with EOne type unloadeone in the command-shell.
That's all, but remember that you might have another version which may work different!
Sometimes the login failes, so that you have to retry (sometimes serveral times!).
Regards,
Carsten

This link is not working for me and I am having problems finding the document on the site. Can anyone provide the PDF?

Thanks.

I just found the document.

Attachments

• 94146-811 Stand-alone Installation Guide.pdf
    817 KB · Views: 328
Hi,

I have installed as per Peoplesoft document and still getting the error "Unable to send message to security Server". Is there anyother setting required before I am able to login?

Thanks,

I Installed Microsoft.net Framework 1.1 to make it work ! (I did not have installed Visual Studio .NET 2003)

Back