Using BusinessFunction B0900049

marss12

Hi list,

I'm writing a UBE to create Journal Entries into F0911 using B0900049 business function, and I wonder if any of you out there has done something like this before? I'd appreciate any advice on how and when to use the Begin
Document, Edit Document and End Document. So far I have not been succesful creating an F0911 record.

Thanks in advance

A safe, effective and easy way to create journal entries is to add entries to the F0911Z1 and run the inbound file process.

It is a well known method documented in the "interoperability interface tables"

This might be a bit late now, but may prove useful you in the future:

I've used all these business functions many times. I am sure there are many ways to use them, but this one works for me. I keep this cribsheet handy each time I need to do it.

Attachments

• 71668-Using The B0900049 Business Functions.doc
    49 KB · Views: 844
Hi,
The basic process is
Begin Document - To open a document
Edit line - To write the JE lines
Edit Document - To Validate teh Document
End Document - To actually write the entries.

It should work without any issues, if you can give me the errors I can see
what is actually going on
Thanks

----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 7:54 AM
Subject: Using BusinessFunction B0900049

B0900049 business function, and I wonder if any of you out there has done
something like this before? I'd appreciate any advice on how and when to use
the Begin Document, Edit Document and End Document. So far I have not been
succesful creating an F0911 record.Thanks in advance
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=OWDEV&Number=71533
these messages, login to http://www.jdelist.com/forums, click Control Panel,
then click Edit by "Subscribe / Unsubscribe from receiving board posts by
email, change message notifications, etc." and adjust your subscription
preferences. JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

Hi,
I wrote about this in an earlier post, wiew the thread for more details.
My post was:
========================================

Hi!
I created such a report recently.
Place an Open Batch call into your Initialize Section Event.
If you allow proof mode don't call this function but assign something like '999999' for your batch number variable
You should create a level break header and footer if you want to use multiple documents within the batch - the header and footer should correspond to your document levels.
Insert a Begin Doc into the lb header do section
Insert two Edit Line calls into your detail section's Do section with the two account numbers, reversed sign JE Amounts, etc...
Depending on error flags, etc insert an End Document or in case of errors a Clear Work File call into your level break footer Do Section Event (If you want Edit Doc or Summarize Document functionality, place it here too)
Close the Batch in your detail section's End Section event.

Performing these you need to set a lot of flags, try understanding them from the parameter notes (they are quite useful), or see how they are used in R31802 (this is the best JE batch I know) - I did so.

If you need any more help for example parts of the code feel free to contact me personally.
Regards:
Gergely Pongrácz
Synergon, Hungary
[email protected]

====================================
Regards:
Gergely Pongrácz
e-Best, Hungary

Good afternoon.

I´m using the BSFN B0900049 to create a journal on the f0911 table, but i have to show into my report the records that retrive any error and the description of this error. ¿How can i get the error code if the business don´t return the error code?. I would appreciate your help.

Thanks

Good afternoon.

I´m using the BSFN B0900049 to create a journal on the f0911 table, but i have to show into my report the records that retrive any error and the description of this error. ¿How can i get the error code if the business don´t return the error code?. I would appreciate your help.

Thanks

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

You will have to interrogate the error stack after each BSFN call and write it out to a work file and then report it

Brian made some bsfns for this

see here

http://www.jdelist.com/vb4/showthread.php/49937-Retreive-Error-Message-Desc-from-BSFN-from-NER

Back