E9.2 Copy only selected lines from P42101 or P4210

marinescu

Hi,

I would appreciate if you found a solution for copying only the selected lines from P42101 or P4210.
I am a functional consultant, but I need a developer's idea.

Business case: A Sales Order with 800 lines must be shipped to the customer. When time comes, only 600 lines are shipped.
The business does not want to keep the rest of 200 as opened. So they are cancelled.
In 1 month the user wants to copy the previously cancelled 200 lines, so is using the Copy standard functionality from P42101 or P4210 (also because the original order no. will be linked) and filter only on the cancelled ones by status, being convinced that only those ones will be copied.
The issue is the same for ages, standard JDE behaviour - it doesn't matter if the user selects only 200 lines, the app copies all 1000 original lines.
The user will not accept to manually select 800 lines (prone to error) and cancel them before saving the new order. I wouldn't, too.

Now, I thought that I might have only 2 options:

1. Create a customised app. A dev could probably copy and modify the BSFN used during the Copy process in P4210/P42101. I was looking for something similar to the Form exit from P4205 - Confirm show rows.

2. Can a Logic Extension be used? I have not work with it do far.
The user will search for the old order, filter only on cancelled lines, then...?
Again, I am only a functional consultant, but I can pass any technical idea to a developer.

Thank you in advance.

Remus
JDE E1 9.2.5.5

Hi marinescu,

Why do you not use orchestrator? We have similar process, I rec a record process simulating add lines to order exists order. So add a button "Copy Selected Lines" to P4210/P42101, and iterate by selected lines and call you add SO lines orchestrator for each line passing order (kcoo, doco, dcto) and specific line parameters (item, quantities, etc.). Very care with canceled lines by pricing, discounts, etc. but the functionality it is, and simple. Later, adjust some things. There here a example (P4210 add lines):
1710775622782.png 1710775579482.png
1710775595102.png

Add all inputs to orchestrator input.

Last edited:
Hi marinescu,

Why do you not use orchestrator? We have similar process, I rec a record process simulating add lines to order exists order. So add a button "Copy Selected Lines" to P4210/P42101, and iterate by selected lines and call you add SO lines orchestrator for each line passing order (kcoo, doco, dcto) and specific line parameters (item, quantities, etc.). Very care with canceled lines by pricing, discounts, etc. but the functionality it is, and simple. Later, adjust some things. There here a example (P4210 add lines):
View attachment 20141View attachment 20139
View attachment 20140

Add all inputs to orchestrator input.
Hi Alfredo,

Thank you for your answer, orchestration sharing and warnings. At this customer I work for I do not have access or rights to do orchestration.
If my opinions will be considered, I will push your solution to the developer. I was really thinking of any type of orchestration use vs a customized app.
If this solution will be accepted (I don't see why not), I will come back in this post.

Kind regards,
Remus
JDE E1 9.2.5.5

Apologies if I am missing something here but I would just move the already entered 200 lines you dont want to ship to the F4211Z1 table and keep them there until you need back into E1
You could even have a scheduled job checking the date of the order lines on the F4211Z1 table and only re-add them to F4211 when the time is right....?

Last edited:
Yeah, as say John, if you hasn't Orchestrator (I think it is essential today), you can use table and process Z (to the old school :D )
Hi Alfredo,

Thank you for your answer, orchestration sharing and warnings. At this customer I work for I do not have access or rights to do orchestration.
If my opinions will be considered, I will push your solution to the developer. I was really thinking of any type of orchestration use vs a customized app.
If this solution will be accepted (I don't see why not), I will come back in this post.

Kind regards,
Remus
JDE E1 9.2.5.5

Last edited:
Apologies if I am missing something here but I would just move the already entered 200 lines you dont want to ship to the F4211Z1 table and keep them there until you need back into E1
You could even have a scheduled job checking the date of the order lines on the F4211Z1 table and only re-add them to F4211 when the time is right....?
Hi John,

Thank you for an interesting idea, I will pass it to the project functional consultants/dev.

I came in this project later, and I still struggle to be heard.
The request was put as - if we don't ship all the lines, we want to cancel the lines. Next?

Of course, my advice would be - why on earth you don't keep the non shipped lines open and just change the promised delivery date?
As usual, the official statement is that the development must be kept at a low level.

Kind regards,
Remus
JDE E1 9.2.5.5

Yeah, as say John, if you hasn't Orchestrator (I think it is essential today), you can use table and process Z (to the old school :D )
Hi Alfredo,

It is only me not given access to Orchestrator, but the devs have it.
My professional task is to give the right advices and to work side by side with them.

Kind regards,
Remus
JDE E1 9.2.5.5

Of course, my advice would be - why on earth you don't keep the non shipped lines open and just change the promised delivery date?
As usual, the official statement is that the development must be kept at a low level.

I waxs thinking the exact same thing. E1 allows partial shipments. So either they don't know this or there is a valid reason :)
You could do what I suggested using a mix of orchestrations and the F4211Z1 as a placeholder for the 200 lines I guess. You could also have a scheduled ORCH reading them too.

I just suiggested the Z file as you wont' lose any of the originally input data and it is also what it's for. Data in and our of F4211 :)

Back