An error occurred while transferring Projects which inherit Tokens

JohnHn

JohnHn

Hello Everyone,

I am getting the error "An error occurred while transferring Projects which inherit Tokens" when trying to promote projects to the next status. does anyone know how I can get this resolved?
Thanks,

Go to the OMW log detail and see what object(s) in the project are causing the problem with the activity rule being executed... I assume you have made sure that you do have the token for all your objects, before promoting, but even with that, for example, an existing more recent, web-only version in the environment to which you are promoting, with the same name as the one in your project, will give you thie same result...
The best way to start is the log and identfying the object.

Hi John,

Have you used "Vocabulary Overrides" for any of the objects in the preject? It can cause misc. faults at project promotion.

Just a shot in the dark:
- Check-Out all objects of the Project
- Check-In them
- try again the project promotion

Would you please tell us, what kind of Objects are in this project?
Many times Versions can cause problem (generally UBEVER).

-Please, place your cursor over the project and call Log form exit.
- Mark the "last action" after the problematical promotion.
- select the Detail (Log Detail?) - (I am currently off from any system)
- select "Full Text"
- go around with the "Next" button on the top of form
... and let us know, what had you seen.

Regards,

Zoltán

This happens to me a lot and I usually just wind up checking everything out in the project and checking it back in and the error goes away.

I think it is typically caused by objects becoming associated with other projects due to another user checking the object out and checking it back in from a different project.

Back