E9.1 Proper Setup of Superseded Part Numbers

DynamicElber

DynamicElber

A while back, I was watching another company use Item Master in their setup of JDE and when a part was superseded, there was an indicator near the part number that told the user there was a new part number and what that new number was. Memory is foggy, but I want to say there was a message that showed up near the line item, not quite like an error, but a heads up kind of thing.

We are not getting this with our current setup and I'm on a mission to find out what we're doing wrong. From browsing here, I've gathered that we're not setting up our supersessions correctly in Xref, because they are categorized as SS when they should be under Replacement (R) as standard practice. I changed a part over to (R)eplacement instead of SS but this had no effect.

Right now, when an item is superseded, we are changing the item's description field to "SS:[new part no.]". I know this is not good practice, but I'm not sure how to get that little message to pop up instead. Writing the new part number in the description is the only way we know how to reference it in Item Master when we lookup a part number.

Anyone know what setting (or otherwise) I need to tweak to get a part that's set up under Replacement (or SS) in Xref to show that little heads up message in Item Master?

Back