E9.2 Show Content from generic URL on a Power form

I have always just used a Media Object Control. I have also considered a few other methods, but a Media Object Control seems to work reasonably well.

Example of an external app (designed specifically for this purpose) embedded in a JDE Power Edit Form using a Media Object Control. Everything from the "Upload" button down is the external app.

LotMasterPhotoMaint1.JPG

Brian - my problem is the URL is an external application that allows params and can support iframes its a website of a sort where you can click stuff and take actions, MO viewer cant cut it.
the the Primary was not a Power form this is not even a question.
My primary form is a power Browse with some sub forms and I want this URL site on the side like a Cafeone on a non-power from.
I am ready to make it happen using FDA and whatever it take if not possible using a UDO.

I think what you described is basically what I show above other than its part of the APPL and not on the side or external to the APPL like it would be in CAFEONE so you would have to mod the APPL to show the external site content which may not work for you.

In the example above, I programmatically construct the URL, including param values, at run time based on info in the APPL (in my example item, lot, b/p) and insert that URL into the Media Object control. Effectively works the same way CAFEONE would, its just part of the APPL. The embedded application shown above does allow for "taking actions". It allows the user to select and manage images associated with the item/lot and do some minimal editing on the images such as cropping, etc.

Makes sense let me try the MO Control with the URL insert. See how it works. Thanks !!