How to prevent creating a 07 cost for a new item in F4105 automatically

Nancy_x

Well Known Member
We are using standard cost system. After a new item is created by an engineer, it cannot be done any inventory
transactions before a material accountant add a new 07 cost for the item according to our management requirement. But some programs like P31113, P4112, P4113, P4114, P4116 can create a zero 07 cost automatically during transactions. How to avoid it? Any good ideas? Any modifications can be done?

Nancy,

sounds like the real problem is how to change the item definition process (which includes cost assignment) so that it is completed before transactions occur.

We're an Engineer-To-Order company (which means we generate LOTS of new items) and pretty much have that problem whipped by using the Item Flash Messages as a Item Status field ... and of course ensuring everyone adheres to the process.

Anyway though, one way to prevent creation of 07 entries in F4105 is to define Row Security for *PUBLIC on F4105, LEDGTYPE, values 07 thru 07.

I don't think that doing this is a good idea though it people are still going to be transacting against new items that aren't fully defined yet . . .

Regards,

Hi Nancy,

This is usually a conflict between financial and the other Depts. How about create the B/P dedicated to R&D, IE whatever you name, and after the new item cost is rolled up, copy the item into all B/Ps transactions allowed.
Of course lot of works extra created and game rules needed to be followed !

Regards,
John Hsiao, E811 SP1

Thanks Larry, thanks John,

Our item definition processes really have a lot to improve. New item cost assignment can only be done after quotations for P items or BOM completed for M items. Perhaps this will be a long period and this is a cooperation issue. How to control it quickly and efficiently is really a problem. Now we did not use any workflow control in JDE.

I have tried to define row security as Larry’s guide, but unfortunately the Date Item LEDG hasn’t been setup for row security.

I have reported the issue to Oracle, and their answer is Sar#7907609 and Sar#7193474 just matches my issue. These two Sars are still open now. It seems they did not plan for improving.

Now I think the flash message is a good idea. But I don’t know how to control it by the system, it seems workflow options are obsolete now.

Best Regards

Back