CreateForm 8.0 error - Error, failed to load the barcode data file

J Thomas

J Thomas

I am new to my organization. The guy who retired did not leave a lot of documentation.

They used CF Designer to add barcode data to documents in the past. However, I am getting an error now. See the screen shots.

We do have barcode files (second screen shot) so how do I get CF barcode checker to point to this folder again?

Attachments

• CF Error failed to load the barcode data file.PNG
    CF Error failed to load the barcode data file.PNG
    18.4 KB · Views: 8
  • CF barcode fonts.PNG
    CF barcode fonts.PNG
    29.9 KB · Views: 7
Where are you running CDesigner app from? I've never encountered that type of error.

Cform should be installed locally (either workstation or TerminalServer session). That install will give you the "local" path C:\Bottomline Technologies\Create!form\SystemResource\Barcode (or whatever drive you have installed on). The server where CformServer app is installed will also have the same type of path to the Barcode folder.

Could it be related to permissions? Maybe whoever installed the app originally did it somehow that your profile can't access the barcode folder/files.

Karen.

Where are you running CDesigner app from? I've never encountered that type of error.

Cform should be installed locally (either workstation or TerminalServer session). That install will give you the "local" path C:\Bottomline Technologies\Create!form\SystemResource\Barcode (or whatever drive you have installed on). The server where CformServer app is installed will also have the same type of path to the Barcode folder.

Could it be related to permissions? Maybe whoever installed the app originally did it somehow that your profile can't access the barcode folder/files.

Karen.
Thanks for responding. We do run it from a Terminal Server session. Someone that definitely had permissions tried it and got the same error.

It was working previously because we have bar codes all over our documents. It had not been used in a while but when I tried to insert one, it gave me the error in the screen shot.

So if this happens again, is there a way for me to "repoint" CF to the path where the files reside or is uninstall and reinstall the only option?

Back