E8.11 Build PY and DV Enviornment

pclara74

Hello All,
We are running E1 8.11 on a VM environment and our DV and PY was on a stand alone Box.

recently we had situation and we are not able to recover the DV and PY environment using backups.

Is it possible to build PY and DV environments from Prod Environment? or is there any other suggestions.

I am a application support person and we don't have a in house CNC so we might have to consult someone to do this.

But I would like to know available options when talking to support people.

Thanks,
Clarence

Yes, it's completely possible - but it depends upon what's actually missing from the environment to determine what needs to be rebuilt from PD. It could take 5 minutes, it could take hours of backing up DB's , restoring, changing schemas, etc etc etc..

To add - You can always copy over the specs from PD and create DV and PY. You need to account for that the objects that were in development in DV and PY are gone and you get to start over with PD specifications.

To add - You can always copy over the specs from PD and create DV and PY. You need to account for that the objects that were in development in DV and PY are gone and you get to start over with PD specifications.
Thanks for the input and We don't really do much changes and keep it in DV or PY for a long time so there is nothing to loose from DV and PY.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it's completely possible - but it depends upon what's actually missing from the environment to determine what needs to be rebuilt from PD. It could take 5 minutes, it could take hours of backing up DB's , restoring, changing schemas, etc etc etc..
Thanks for your reply

We Don't have a inhouse CNC onsite and we get 3rd party support through a company for CNC tasks.

Is there a CNC Consultant who can help us to re-Stablish our environments. Currently our Prod environment is running ok but we can't do any version changes or small changes due to this issue.

I have tried to connect fat client and checkout an versions to chnage then our Prod specs broken so we had to re-store from a backup.

Thanks,
Clarence

It is possible.
One additional thing we may need to do thru in the database side ( like change the schema name, ownership etc)

Hello All,
We are running E1 8.11 on a VM environment and our DV and PY was on a stand alone Box.

recently we had situation and we are not able to recover the DV and PY environment using backups.

Is it possible to build PY and DV environments from Prod Environment? or is there any other suggestions.

I am a application support person and we don't have a in house CNC so we might have to consult someone to do this.

But I would like to know available options when talking to support people.

Thanks,
Clarence
hi Clarence,

We from Forza Consulting can help, please send me an email and i will contact you.
isaac.lorenzo@forzaconsulting,eu

with kind regards,

Isaac Lorenzo
Forza Consulting BV

Back