Advanced Pricing for Procurement

fionac

I am trying to implement advanced pricing in procurement to give the ability to add a percentage to an individual order line in P4310 on an ad hoc basis
e.g. enter QTY = 1, Unit Cost = 100 and a discount factor of 0.9, the unit cost should adjust to 90. Effectively the system calculates the discount. This gives the ability to perform analysis on discounts received.

So far I have managed to set up the following :-
*Branch/Plant Pricing Constants (P41001)– set the Advanced Procurement Pricing flag to 1
*Preference Hierarchy (P40073)– set to 1 for all customers and all items
*Price Adjustment Definitions (P4071) – defined a price adjustment
set Target Application to 1 for Procurement,
Preference Type = 14 (Price Adjustment Schedule),
Line Type = B (the line type that the items in the item master have been set up with)
Manual Add/Change flag set to Y
Amount Level Break and Line Level Adjustment switched on
*Price Adjustment Schedule (P4070) – added a Price Adjustment Schedule which pulls in the information from the price adjustment
*Price Adjustment Detail Revisions (P4072) – set the following details
From level –999999999.0
Factor Value Numeric - -10.0
BC – 1
Basis Code - % of Base Price
Cur Cod – GBP
Cost Method – 08
Cost Centre – 17140

*In the P4310 I selected the Adjustment Schedule in the order header additional information screen

*Using the above settings the result I got was that the Unit Cost pulled into the Order Entry screen (P4310) from the Item Master was adjusted by 10% and hence the extended cost showed a discount of 10%.
*The problem with this result is that if you manually change the unit cost the discount no longer applies. This is a major problem as we are not setting exact prices against items as they are constantly changing, we enter the correct unit cost at the time of order entry.

*As this was not the result I had hoped for I then tried using a formula
*In the P4072, using the Row Exit to Formulas to take me into the P4076 I set up a calculation formula - ?PDDSPR*?PDAEXP. The idea behind this being that the user could enter a value into the Discount Factor field on the order line, this would be applied to the extended cost giving a resulting cost that shows the discount.
*To try and implement the formula I have been back into the P4072 and set up the following:
From level –99999999.0
BC – 7
Basis Code – Add on Formula Amount
Formula Name – entered name of formula set up

*When I try and apply this to the order nothing happens.
There seems to be a link missing, in that I can’t find anywhere to set which field I want to apply the formula to so the calculation

If you key the unit cost into the order manually, that sets an indicator in
the F4311 which prevents Advanced Pricing from working. Same thing on the
Sales Order side. There's no way to interactively enter a formula
percentage in Sales Order entry, so I doubt there's a way to do it in
Purchase Order entry.

You might try exiting to the price history window and adding your discount
in that window. The adjustment you add needs to be setup in advance, with
the manual add/change flag set to Y.

Hope that helps.

Andy Klee
wwww.JDEtips.com

Andy Klee