Copying a report and overlooking the "No Update/Update Flag"

• Thread starter Frosty the Coder
  • Start date

Frosty the Coder

Legendary Poster
Copying a report and overlooking the \"No Update/Update Flag\"

List,

I stepped in this one again.
I created a copy of an update report, and forgot to change the radio buttons for non-update/update.

Is there a way to fix this after the fact, or do I have to create another copy?

Thanks
tongue.gif

Re: Copying a report and overlooking the \"No Update/Update Flag\"

i know there's a flag in one of the tables that you can change, but i dunno which table/which flag. i guess you should be able to find it somewhere on this list.

F9860.SIOMIT ... update it to blank to remove the no update option.

Thanks Craig!

yep, sounds like the one i was thinking of. ps: how "dirty" is this table update anyway?

How dirty? Umm, slightly muddy?
tongue.gif

There is no way (that I know of) to update the column through an app (not that it would be too dificult to allow). The SQL is pretty simple though and I don't think any other object uses that column.

Craig

Back in our Xe days this flag defaulted to "No Update" on new reports. We finally created an application to update the table.

Hi "Frosty"
wink.gif

This is really a dirty trap.
More years ago (when I hadn't known this feature - which was new after an SP update), made me a lot of head ache and hard time, while I figured out the real reason, why do not work my copied UBE. Let me "OMIT"
confused.gif
the details.

At least on XE SP23, you can solve this without SQL or other direct DB manipulation:

> Call Design on the UBE in OMW
>> Go to the Install/Merge Codes tab
>>> Clear the content of the most top control field
>>>> Save (maybe a restart the OW can be required)

Let me know, does it work on your scenario? Thanks.

Regards,

Zoltán

Zoltán,

The field is there, but is disabled in E8.11sp1 8.97.2.1. It would probably be a simple change to enable it.

Hi Peter,

[ QUOTE ]
The field is there, but is disabled in E8.11sp1 8.97.2.1. It would probably be a simple change to enable it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure, you will share your experience, if you tried to enable the field on yourr release.

I recently checked on a system, that on XE SP23 there is no "Update Report" check-box.

As I remember, after I copy an UBE, I get an error on OMIT field, because it has 'Q' value - which is invalid value against the UDC: H98/OM, which is tied to OMIT DD Item. Funny (dirty?), that the glossary of OMIT and the UDC values of it tells something totally different than this drive the Update feature of the UBE.

Regards,

Zoltán

Back