Single Sign-on for ERP8

Bulldog

I have been asked to look at single sign-on (SSO) for one of my customers who has the following configuration:

ERP8 B7334 SP23_A1, Websphere 5.0.2.3, Citrix Presentation server 4.5 and Oracle DB 9.2.0.6

I am kind of familiar with SSO and LDAP for later releases of OneWorld but can find nothing on the documentation in Oracle or in other sites such as JDETips for configuring SSO on this release. Does anyone have any information on whether you can configure SSO for ERP8, or direct me to a place on the Oracle site where this exists. I have downloaded ERP8 server/Workstation documenation and the ERP CNC doc but there is no mention of SSO?

For ERP 8.0 you can use Unified Logons which is a service that only works on a Windows Enterprise Server. This is very easy to setup.
What is Unified Logon?

Unified Logon is a way for users to be validated in OneWorld by their NT username and password.
It allows the user to sign into OneWorld without having to enter in their Username and Password.
The Unified Logon server is not a physical server, but rather a device that verifies signon security against the domain signon security maintained by Windows NT.
The Unified Logon server searches its user list for an entry that matches the domain user ID. When the server finds a match, the server sends a validation request to the OneWorld Enterprise Server.
The OneWorld Enterprise Server verifies that the response from the Unified Logon server matches the security information in the Security Table F98OWSEC.

Please review document from Oracles website
E1: SEC: Setting up and Troubleshooting Unified Logon [ID 626142.1]

Thanks for the informtion, thats helps me no-end. I'll go and have a look at the doc on the oracle web-site...

Back