PPV (purchase price variance) IPV (Invoice price variance)

Jim Martin

I see a PPV report (P31425) giving variances between standard cost A1 and PO price, but does anyone know if there is a IPV report (a report giving variances between PO price and invoice price)? Thanks, Jim

Hmm, are you sure the P31425 report is using the PO Price.=C2=A0 I was unde r the impression that this report would compare actual cost to the standard cost.=C2=A0 Normally the PO Cost is the standard cost (at least what I hav e worked with).=C2=A0 You might want to take an example of something on the report with a variance and manually track it through the tables to underst and what the report is doing.=C2=A0 If you think about it logically, the pr ice variance should not care what is on the PO, since that may not be the p rice that you actually paid.=C2=A0 Now, I do understand your wanting to kno w the difference/variance between the PO price and the actual price paid. =C2=A0 I was interested in that as well.=C2=A0 We had a document work flow with automated matching where if the variance was over a certain amount, th e invoice would go on hold and would have to be approved for payment.=C2=A0 So the process needed to calculate that invoice price variance that you ta lked about.=C2=A0 You have to
do that off the F43121 match type 2 record.=C2=A0 Be careful.=C2=A0 At lea st in 7.3 cum 12, there is a field in the F43121 file that looks like it sh ould be the invoice price variance, and the amounts often are that variance amount, but not always.=C2=A0 You have to perform the calculation itself ( Invoice Amount - PO Amount) to get the right number.=C2=A0 I put this into our data warehouse, so that accounting could do any kind of analysis they w anted to do on this (much better than creating an actual report).=C2=A0 JDE is changing the F43121 file in 9.1, so the process to calculate this may c hange at some point in the future.=C2=A0 JDE is making this change so that you can do time sensitive reconciliations for your received not vuchered ac counts.=C2=A0 If you really want a report, you can do a World Writer, and e ven put in an enhancment request to JDE.=C2=A0 I know the World folks are l ooking for enhancement requests.=C2=A0 Food for thought.
John Dickey

Back