Upload File via HTML Client

BillG

We have a need to create journal entry in a Excel spreadsheet then upload that file into the F0911Z1 table. However, since the end users use HTML client via citrix, we don't want to have to give everyone access to a public folder on the AS/400.
I would like to create an application that would allow a user to browse to the file then click upload which would take the file then upload into the F0911Z1 table.

Does anyone have any ideas how to accomplish this task?

EnterpriseOne 8.10 Tools Release 8.96
AS/400

You could Import your spreadsheet into the Grid.
If that grid is missing, you could create the Interactive Application (I did it for Customers mass upload).

Thank you for your response.

However, we are trying to upload a 15,000 line entry over the web and the import function takes too long.

I am more looking for being able to save a file to the AS/400 without having users save the file directly to the AS/400 prior to using the application.

You can maybe set a location or get location of file in a field and try using a eternal cmd which calls batch cmd file and copies/ftp a file from one machine to another

Thanks,

You can write a small Javascript to upload the file to the server and then run a CGI, or java servelet on the file to copy the contents to a table.

The html page would have an upload button to trigger the whole process.

Hi Darren,

I am using E1 in an 8.97 environment using a web client supporting both InternetExplorer and FireFox. I am trying to call some javascript using a TextBlock. I am finding this seems to be limited to a script length of 255 characters. At 80+ characters I get warnings and at 255+ characters it discards my edits. This is adequate for trivial scripts but not for anything much worthwhile. My script needs to test IE6/7 and Firefox so needs to be long enough just to make that test. Is there a way to call a longer javascript or javascript file?
My 2nd question is around calling the script automatically on entry to a JDE form (so I can integrate it into (for example) a Message Box form. Have you managed to do this? Currently I create an INPUT Button object but the user must press it....
Your suggestions much appreciated.

Mike

Somehow I never saw this response. Are you still interested in this topic?

Back