CLRIPC is failing

MagarG

MagarG

VIP Member
Xe SP23_C iSeries I5 V5R3

We started to have problems with the CLRIPC command recently for no apparent reason. The command is placed inside a CL program with ENDNET. When run from iSeries command line the commands process fine. We call the CL from the BRMS backup system as an Exit and now 60% of the time, the command fails with a CPF9999 error. The ENDOW CL is as follows:

PGM
MONMSG MSGID(CPF0001)
MONMSG MSGID(MCH3402)
CHGLIBL LIBL(B7334SYS JDEOW QTEMP QGPL)
B7334SYS/ENDNET
DLYJOB DLY(45)
B7334SYS/CLRIPC <------ failing
DLYJOB DLY(45)
ENDIT:
ENDPGM

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. We even cleared out all SQL packages on Saturday and it bombed yesterday shutting down. Anyone have any similar problems or suggestions on how to end the OW system.

Thanks, Grant.

I don't have an answer for you...but it reminded me of a very learned CNC Manager who swears by always running CLRIPC 3 times...and his reasoning was that sometimes there were errors on the first attempt...and he really, REALLY wanted to ensure the IPC was cleared! :)

Regards,

Thanks, I did see in a previous post someone had two instances of CLRIPC.

We changed the CL and added a MONMSG for the MSGID(CPF9999) error. However when the error occurs, the program doesn't end. The CPF9999 error comes up on the console waiting for a reply. Can any 400 gurus tell me if this looks correct for bypassing the error?

With the MSGID(CPF9999):

PGM
MONMSG MSGID(CPF0001)
MONMSG MSGID(MCH3402)
MONMSG MSGID(CPF9999) EXEC(GOTO ENDIT)
CHGLIBL LIBL(B7334SYS JDEOW QTEMP QGPL)
B7334SYS/ENDNET
DLYJOB DLY(45)
B7334SYS/CLRIPC
DLYJOB DLY(45)
ENDIT:
ENDPGM

Grant

We normally have close to 300 kernels when we shut down OW. CLRIPC was getting started before all of the kernels ended (which meant that some of the IPC queues were still in use). We finally added the CLRIPC command before the STRNET in our startup CL - works fine now.

Mike

Setup a message reply list (WRKRPYLE), then before you leave for the day set your QSYSOPR message queue to CHGMSGQ MSGQ(QSYSOPR) DLVRY(*DFT).

-->We finally added the CLRIPC command before the STRNET
-->in our startup CL - works fine now.

This is what we are trying now. We took it out of the closing and moved it to startup. Thanks.

g

I've found the best approach to using BRMS is to call a CL that calls the brms backup commands, but I do my own CL processing in-between with MONMSG command instead of coding them into the brms control group.

Re: CLRIPC is failing ( We need Help)

We are using Peoplesoft Enterprise One 8.10. Server is AS400 and Operating system is OS400.For taking back up we have to stop the jde services and we have to take back up. After end of the back up we have to again restart the server. The commands that er are typing to end the server is

ADDLIBLE E810SYS
ENDNET
CLRIPC

for taking the back up one eprson is coming in the night 10 O'clock. so we are taking the weekly back up. we want to write a CL program to call this. so that this CL code will be called in scheduler at aparticular time.

kindlu help me for this CL code to stop JDE Service.

Re: CLRIPC is failing ( We need Help)

Put in a delay of 60 seconds between commands.
Barb Kramarski

Back