building a package with C++ function

echeng

I am trying to build a package in pY7333 with a new C++ function in it. It built sucessfully in our Application Server (win2000) but not in our Enterprise server (AS400). The object is checked in the path code. There is error beside the function in the R9622 report. Is there something missing in the AS400.

By Application Server, do you mean Deployment Server?

On your AS/400, do a WRKLNK, do a 5 on OneWorld, a 5 on Packages, a 5 on your package name, and a 5 on "text." There should be some .txt and .sts files. You can do a 5 on those files to see what the problem might be.

No. Application server is an alternate server to run UBE reports.

Xe with SP 14.1
AS400, 2 Window2000 Application Servers
Citrix MetaFrame with VPN

Hi Edwin,

what has probably occurred is that the new BSFN has code in it that is Windows specific. In other words it calls a windows API, uses C++ rather than C code, uses the wrong remark characters, etc. Obviously that won't compile in a AS/400 environment.

If the new BSFN is not needed on a server (Enterprise or application/logic) but only on clients then change the Business Function Location code (BFLOCN) to 1 on the object and re-create the package. Otherwise you must find the offending code and rewrite it so it follows cross-platform standards/limitations.

As stupid as it sounds, have you looked at the letter-case in your code? Intel platform is not case specific, but AS/400 and Unix are. Sometimes my developers forget that, and use upper case in the code development. The code will compile on the Intel platform but fails on the Unix server build.

I've gotten ESUs from JDE before that had the case wrong, which makes me think that they only test the ESU on Intel machines before sending them out.

Back