Batch types that can be set to post on scheduler

Soul Glo

Soul Glo

VIP Member
Hi,

We are trying to determine which batch typescan be setup to post on schedulet. I know you can set the 'O' batch types but what others can be done that way?

Thanks

I don't believe that there is any restriction on what Batch types can be posted from the scheduler. I have had clients that had versions on the scheduler for nearly every batch type they used.

Best to use one version per batch type. Data selection would typically be Batch type and Status = Approved.

Versions for different batch types can run at the same time (Need not be single threaded).

If you use batch security then make sure that the Scheduler User ID you use to schedule the R09801 versions is setup in P00241 so that it can post batches created by other users.

Thanks for the information but we were more looking at batches that are system generated, not really those for manual JE's. I take it that we will also have to se the system to auto approve, right now approval is a manual process.

When you mean system generated , do you mean for example an IB batch or a G batch created by a R42800 Sales Update ?

If yes , then yes once you have the auto approve set up , you can have them posted by an R09801 version on the scheduler.

I have setup job streams where say for example a R42800 runs and creates an IB batch , followed by a R09801 version that is set to post approved IB batches. In some cases they wanted only specific batches to be posted so we added data selection to select only batches created by xxx user , typically a scheduler ID that was used to run the R42800.

Note this info is only from a technical standpoint and based on my experience. More specific info with respect to restrictions and setup required from an application standpoint (Finance) may be best answered by a Finance expert. You could also try post in the Application forum to get more answers

Back