WebSphere 6.1 ND with Secure Profile

Simon_Phillips

Hi all,

We've recently switched on the security feature in WebSphere to secure the console. Now within Server Manager we are unable to see the correct statuses of our JVM's.

We've found Solution ID 835143.1 on Oracle Support, but this seems more geared to Standalone rather than ND. Has anyone implemented this on ND and would be kind enough to pass on some guidence?

Thanks

Simon

I had a similar experience and implemented that solution but it accomplished nothing for me. I do recall that changing the soap.client.properties file helped fix that problem.

Your sig doesnt indicate what platform your JAS is on. What platform for your JAS instances? If I recall correctly, SM has trouble communicating with multiple box, clustered instances of JAS on WAS. [That has never been fixed BTW].

We've tried playing around with the soap.client.properties too, but as yet no luck. Oracle has instigated support calls with IBM on our behalf but we haven't got to the bottom of it.

We're running on WAS 6.1 ND FixPak 21 on Red Hat Linux

Yes, another default certificate had expired and auto renewed itself in our node, so we followed the guide and exported it and imported it into key store and its all back up
smile.gif

That's interesting. My experience with those certificates expiring was that the JVMs wouldn't even start. Sometimes this is difficult to observe when the the JVMs start as Windows services.

I know you said Linux was your OS. Is it Intel Linux or some other platform?

Back