How to use Speed Codes when entering invoices, journals etc...

stimpsond1

Hi Guys,

Can someone please explain/help me understand how to use speed codes.

A user wants to just be able to enter B in the account box when entering an invoice/journal etc and wants say 7443.15101.01 to appear.

I've read someting about it's the SP AAI and that the 3rd character of the AAI is what drives it. Can someone please explain a little more.

Much appreciated.

Speed codes work like you described. For example set up AAI SPB, CO=00000, MCU=7443, OBJ=15101 and SUB=01. When a user keys the letter B in an unstructured account number field, it is expanded to the full account code.
There are variations. For example, you can define a speed code with a blank MCU. The user would key the MCU, the account separator characer and then the speed code. The speed code would append the OBJ and SUB to the MCU.
I believe you are supposed to be able to set up company specific speed codes, but I have never been successful in doing it.
When I implemented World Software, I set up some speed codes. We only used them for about 3 - 4 months. We found that it was easier to use account segment duplication instead. Jumping from the numeric keypad to the keyboard and back cause keying errors.

Hi,

Thanks for your responce.

I have setup the SPB AAI as you mentioned and as I thought but whenusing it i get a red error saying B does not exist.

I'm entering an AP invoice, in the account number field of GL Distrubution i enter B and thats when the red error occurs.

Clearly i'm doing something wrong but can't put my finger on it.

Regards,

I hope I found your problem. From the 9.0 General Accounting Implementation Guide (I believe this applies to all OneWorld and EnterpriseOne releases): [ QUOTE ]
After you set up speed codes, you must exit and then restart your JD Edwards EnterpriseOne system before you can enter speed codes instead of account numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]Caching, the "feature" we love to hate! Please let me know if this was the problem.

You probably also need to flush the JAS server caches as well. Your CNC will need to do that.

Back