Weblogic on Linux for 9.0 - memory leaks

gregglarkin

gregglarkin

Legendary Poster
Is anyone else running weblogic on linux for 9.0? Specifically, are you using OVM or VMware? Or are you using hardware?

The Linux propeller heads brag how stable linux is, and how infrequently you need to reboot the servers. In our short experience with them, this is the second time we have had to reboot them because of memory leaks. The servers are averaging around 30 days of uptime, and are not getting hammered. I have six weblogic boxes supporting an average of 150 concurrent users. (yea yea, I know I over configured, that was intentional)

Any other feedback from the field, or am I still out there on the bleeding edge?

Gregg,

Have you already tried just cycling the JDE instances? I am not running JDE on WebLogic yet, but am running Oracles IPM and PeopleSoft on them, both applications have memory leaks and cycling them seems to help a lot.

Tom Davidson

[ QUOTE ]
Gregg,

Have you already tried just cycling the JDE instances? I am not running JDE on WebLogic yet, but am running Oracles IPM and PeopleSoft on them, both applications have memory leaks and cycling them seems to help a lot.

Tom Davidson

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't tried that - we had the issue once before, now we are seeing a trend. We have set up a cron job to bounce the servers at 2:00 am once a week.

- Gregg

Back