f0911 partition issue

sat3314

Hello All,

We are on oracle 10g 10.2.0.3 RAC (5 node) environment.
4 app and 4 web servers.
windows 2003 64 bit edition is our OS.

we are currently on Enterprise One 8.11 SP1 with tools rel 8.96c1.

We have a CRP environment where f0911 resides.

Please find attached excerpts from the JAS Debug log for three different scenarios whereby we try and access F0911 data through a standard application:

The first excerpt is DV811 on a partitioned F0911 (table created from sql plus) and does not return any rows when using the web application (but does when using SQL directly or even using the databrowser)
The second shows DV811 again this time with a table created directly from sqlplus (non partitioned) which work correctly
The third shows standard JDE running on PY811 just as a reference.

Basically, it seems that the related JDE triggers are not being called when the partition is in place – we have produced the above with full web and app. server logging (the latter showed nothing at all).

Does this mean that the way we are creating the partition table is not correct? How can it work from data browser but not from the application for scenario 1 ?

Logs are attached and also the create partitioned stmt for f0911.

It would be great if anyone can point us to the right direction on why partition of f0911 is not working from the web application.

Thanks

My guess would be that it's either something else in JDE causing this, or possibly some Oracle DB bug you are unlucky enough to hit...

Did you upgrade your oracle client to 10 ? You're still using a 9i client I think

It is on a 10 client. How did you figure out it was a 9i client. The logs that i uploaded does not show indication of it.

Any mismatches may cause similar issues, so this was a valid guess...

Because you posted this issue several months ago - the exact same issue, and were told by oracle it was due to a mismatch between the Oracle version of your server and client.

I'd listen to them - they develop the database after all. I'd also look carefully at your datasource settings, and make sure the OCI drivers you're using are the correct ones for your Oracle version.

Go through carefully and check every version. You might want to paste that information here next time...

Back