How to print report in Greek language

Emiliano

Hi All,

I need to print a report in Greek language.
I configured my PC with the Greek keyboard and I'm able to write Greek characters in JDE.
Anyway, when I submit a report locally, the PDF doesn't show the Greek characters.
I tried to open a PDF file with Greek characters and it shows all characters properly. So, it means, that the problem happens when JDE create the PDF.
Any idea?

Thanks

Emiliano

Need more information on this one. What versone of JDE are you running? There's a big difference from XE or 8.0 vs. 8.9+ because of Unicode support. What is showing up on the PDF instead of the Greek text?

[ QUOTE ]
Need more information on this one. What versone of JDE are you running? There's a big difference from XE or 8.0 vs. 8.9+ because of Unicode support. What is showing up on the PDF instead of the Greek text?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, thanks for your prompt answer.
My JDE version is ERP 8.0
UNICODE is supported from version 8.10.
For this reason I need a workaround to solve this issue.
Herewith a jpg file where you can see what appears in the PDF file.

Emiliano

what i do is have correct codepage at my client jde.ini for the local runs
[INSTALL]
DefaultSystem=system
ClientPath=client
ClientInstallPath=OneWorld Client Install
PackagePath=package
DataPath=data
HOSTS=hosts
HP9000=hp9000
SUN=sun
RS6000=rs6000
AS400=as400
Double_Byte=0
LocalCodeSet=GR_CP1253
ActiveConsole=1
ExplorerShortCut=1
WaitForBusBuild=Y
B733=d:\B7

I also copy my windows true type fonts in the jde resource directory and delete the AdobeFnt.lst file from there to be automatically recreated
But this is the setup for a company working only with Greek and English no other languages i do not know if this is your case

just my two cents

[ QUOTE ]
what i do is have correct codepage at my client jde.ini for the local runs

LocalCodeSet=GR_CP1253

I also copy my windows true type fonts in the jde resource directory and delete the AdobeFnt.lst file from there to be automatically recreated
But this is the setup for a company working only with Greek and English no other languages i do not know if this is your case

just my two cents

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Vasilis,

thanks a lot for your reply.
From your signature I see that your JDE version is E8.12 and it supports UNICODE.
Probably, for this reason, you need just to set the parameter "LocalCodeSet=GR_CP1253" to work with Greek and English.
Our release is ERP 8 and we don't have UNICODE support. We are just trying to find a workaround to solve this issue.
My problem is that if I set the User language in Greek, I'm able to write and print in Greek language, but I should be able to print in polish and russian too. Right now, we can't do that.
Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Bye

Emiliano

Back