Favorites toolbar needs a leash!

JMR

VIP Member
Just wondering if a solution exists for an issue I have finally become bothered by:

Why does the Favorites toolbar NOT position itself to its last position? It very, very, very rarely starts in the same position as when Solution Explorer is exited. Most often, it's way off to the right side of window and I have to drag it back to the left to see any of my favorite items. Occasionally, it comes up too far to the left...overlapping the Fastpath control.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

You're not the only one. Although, your idea of a leash gave me a chuckle.

I just figure it's a minor issue when compared to keeping the whole thing running. My users started complaining about the favorites issue the day we went live on 8.10. That never happened on XE.

Jeremy,

Assuming this is a fat client situation ... yes, we've seen this. Its a problem that occurs when Fastpath and the favorites bar try to occupy the same real estate.
You can either: a) turn off fastpath, or more likely b) move/drag your favorites to the bottom of the Solution Explorer window and anchor it there. Problem should then go away.

Regards,

We found this after upgrading tools release from 8.93 to 8.96.1.0, too. What I did was undock the fastpath, then resized it very small, and then reposition it near the top right of the screen. You have to position it very carefully so that it won't try to dock onto the top of the screen.

Larry,
You are the man! I love it when a really simple solution works so well. It just annoys me that I never thought to drag my favorites bar to the bottom.

Back