ESUs take much longer via Change Assistant than via ESU application

msouterblight1

VIP Member
All,

When I choose the "deploy" option in Change Assistant to have it apply ESUs automatically, it is taking HOURS to apply an ESU, whereas it is much faster when I apply the ESUs via the ESU application. I have verified that I am at the correct java level. I did notice that the Data Sources that are created in EnterpriseOne are different depending on whether they were applied via the Change Assistant or via the ESU application. When applied via the ESU application they are listed as type M, and the Server Name is listed as the actual name of our Deployment Server. If the ESU is applied via the "Deploy" option in Change Assistant, the Data Source is listed as type "N", and the server is listed as (local)...

Any ideas??

All,

I have done some more research and I have to expand on my post... It appears that the issue is NOT related to change assistant. I had to apply ESU PF4277 to enable Change Assitant to automatically apply ESUs to E1.. It appears now that this ESU is what caused the issues... The Data Sources are being created the same way whether I use the ESU application or Change assistant.. And it appears that the backup option is what is causing the ESU to take forever to apply. I believe this is because of the (local) being placed in the server name field, this is a known issue that was discovered while performing an upgrade...

You're right, it was discovered during an upgrade. My companies original upgrade from Xe to 8.9 in 2003. Mike Moorman came up with the solution and that is what PSFT/Oracle decided to use as a fix.

I think should contact Oracle for support on the Change Assistant tool.

Charles,

I have opened a call with Oracle... Still wiating for them to call back.. I just wish I could figure out where the information for the data source is coming from, I hope it isn't embedded in the application!!! If I could figure out where it is pulling the (local) from and replace it with the actual name of the server, then each Data Source that gets created when the ESU is applied would have the actual name of the Deployment Server populated instead of (local).. Just weird that it would completely change the way the Data Source is created...

Thanks...

Back