How do I use FDA to add a custom row exit

Cathy Wilbur

Well Known Member
Need to add my own custom row exit to program P0911-W0911A (Journal Entry). Can anyone refresh my memory on how to add a row exit. I went to FDA and selected my form then selected FORM off the toolbar then selected Menu/Toolbar exits but I still do not see what I am looking for. Any ideas or does someone have any instructions for doing this. I took course a while ago but don't see anything in the manual or exercise guide to indicate how to add a custom row exit. I contacted Peoplesoft and they sent me this

"I hate to say this but this is training issue and support center does not train customer. If you highlight anywhere after the Row then click add, it will add the entry to the row exit.".

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Cathy,

Don't you see any Add button (green plus sign) on the "Menu/Toolbar Exits"?

If you do not see that, then it is very strange.

Regards,

Zoltán

Follow the steps :

1. Go to ‘Form ‘ Menu – then ‘Menu/Toolbar exits
2. Click ADD
3. From Class drop down select ‘Row’ and click OK
4. Again click ADD
5. Now select class = User Defined
6. Enter the custom row exit .if it’s the only exit you wanna add then also select ‘End Category’

Re: Hope this works for you

Follow the steps :

1. Go to ‘Form ‘ Menu – then ‘Menu/Toolbar exits
2. Click ADD
3. From Class drop down select ‘Row’ and click OK
4. Again click ADD
5. Now select class = User Defined
6. Enter the custom row exit .if it’s the only exit you wanna add then also select ‘End Category’

Regarding adding a row exit

Thanks everyone. I was trying to add a "ROW" exit entry and I did not realize that I had to add the "ROW" exit if it was not there. For some reason it was missing. Cannot understand why because the screen already has a row exit called "Attachment" when you look at the window but there is nothing in the menu/exit for that exit (if must be added thru the code somewhere).

Re: How do I use FDA to add a custom row exit - cannot see exit to test

I just got back to test the Row exit I added to P0911 because I have been busy with custom window. I do not see the row exit I just added. Peoplesoft indicated that I need to go and remove the user overrides for P0911 for my userid and *PUBLIC or I will not see my new row exit. I am testing on DV on the full client. Any ideas - I checked everything in and now I would like to test it.

Back