The 411 on 811

kicrsa

We'd like to find out what the skinny is on EnterpriseOne 8.11. What are you seeing with it good and bad, application functionality and technical? I figured I'd open this thread so those of you on 8.11 could blog about this version for the rest of us. Thank you all in advance for you contributions!!

I'm supporting a new line of business that will be diving into a new 8.11 SP1 installation head first come March. Technically speaking, the install process is a breeze compared to prior releases. The platform pack is nice but there is a serious install issue with the AIX version. They know about it but have yet to remaster the install program to my dismay. There are workarounds for issues like that but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The ESU download and install process is also streamlined now that the Change Assistant is maturing.

I'll see what I can find out on the application front once the users are actually live in the development system.

The biggest thing for us is taking a performance hit. The Xe SP23 version on the web was really quick. We even got better web server hardware for 8.11 SP1. A plus though is being able to open multiple applications and browser windows.

I'm interested to know if you performed the Unicode conversion? Also, in your jump, did you upgrade WAS/HTTP?

[I'm interested to know if you performed the Unicode conversion? Also, in your jump, did you upgrade WAS/HTTP?]

We did not go unicode but will be. One of the holdbacks is our third party query tool does not work with unicode. We did a new install of WAS, 5.0.2 when upgrading.

Grant

I'd be interested to know if you upgraded the PC's as well, and if the issue is call object kernel backups (perhaps SP1 would help you in that regard.) As with any company, new versions invariably mean new features which ultimately result in bloatware, regardless of the original intent of the developer. Us users are often to blame for this....

Back