OMW - No Longer Authorized?

dschlieder

Well Known Member
Our first day back at work for the new year and no one can add any object to any project!

Not even JDE!

The message we get is "Desc User, UserName, not Authorized"

The full description of the error goes on to explain the user does not play any role on this project that allows you to execute this method (Add Object to Project)...

I haven't been able to find anything here or on the knowledge garden about this.

Anyone experienced this?

Thanks!

Dave

Check your external OMW user setting in OMC setup. Then check you allowed actions and activity rules. You should also check to see that the project that the person is adding an object to is at an appropriate status that allows adding of objects.

Dan

Wow...I'm sure this is something really easy and here I'll go "over analyzing" it...but since you say it happened after the new year, could it be that you are using roles that have expiration dates? And that role was used in setting up OMW AR's?? That's the only "date" connection I could think of on the spot.

Regards,

Well,

I think I figured out how to correct the problem - I added a record in F98223 that allows developers to add an object to a project.

But why wasn't it there? No one has done any maintenance in this table in almost a year.

Unless I restore an old backup to see if it was there and someone deleted it.. But without an audit trail for deletes this wouldn't tell me who did this....

Anyway, we are now working again - just still not real sure on what happened.

Thanks for the help guys!

Happy New Year!

Dave

Go to Object Management Setup - Then Click on allowed actions - User Role 02 make sure you have action code 16. This was removed on us at the beginning of the year - some how - the UDC table is H92/AX.....

Object Management Configuration is on Menu GH9081..

I hope this helps...

Ritch Wingo

Interesting that you seem to have had the same issue at the beginning of the year....

Yeah, that record was missing - but why? Or did it never exist and something somewhere else expire? Or delete it?

Dave

Back