websphere 4.0 - advance edition

sathya

Hi List,
I have got certain queries regarding websphere4.0

1. if my webserver is on intel box(W2K) and ES is as400 can i install database repository of websphere on db2/400. (the document i have been going supports only for db2 udb and oracle)

2. does instantdb exists in websphere4.0 advance edition.

3. is IIS still supported for websphere4.0 advance edition.

thanks & regards
sathya

ES - as400 vsr2
ds - win2k
erp8.0
webserver - w2k

1. If running WAS on Win2K the WAS repository must be in Oracle, DB2 UDB or SQL Server. It can't be on DB2/400.

2. Instantdb? Not sure I always use SQL or DB2 UDB.

3. IIS is still supported for WAS4.0 AE

Colin

The repository certainly can be on the DB2/400 as I have seen it done.

The repository doesn't written to until the system is started, so you can install, configure the connector and the admin.config file before starting up.

PAULDCLARK is right. you can have the repository in DB2/400. I have done that it works.

Instanddb is NOT supported on WAS4

Andy Smith
Whitehouse Consultants
Win2K SQLServer7 Xe

HI all,
Thanks for your views. Mind sharing any documents regarding repository storage in db2/400.

thanks & regards

Look at the installation PDF for the lastest SP22 one-off. Appendix H (Using iSeries DB@ as the WebShpere Repository) covers it.

andy

HI andy,
Thanks for the response.I did try using the settings given by the document but getting following errors.
and websever is not starting

"Failure to create a data source: java.sql.SQLException: [SQL0204] LOCK_TABLE in WAS40 type *FILE not found."

Could anyone share their database repository settings so that i would like to know whether any settings need to be changed. The database repositoy settings of mine is following.

# Repository database settings
com.ibm.ejs.sm.adminServer.dbdataSourceClassName=com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCConnectionPoolDataSource
com.ibm.ejs.sm.adminServer.dbserverName={enterprise server name)
com.ibm.ejs.sm.adminServer.dbportNumber= {left blank}
com.ibm.ejs.sm.adminServer.dbdatabaseName=WAS40
com.ibm.ejs.sm.adminServer.dbuser=JDE
com.ibm.ejs.sm.adminServer.dbpassword={provided pwd for user jde}
com.ibm.ejs.sm.adminServer.dbdisable2Phase=true
# URL is only valid for Oracle
com.ibm.ejs.sm.adminServer.dbURL=jdbc:as400://<es>;prompt=false;user=JDE;password=<pwd>

thanks and regards

Set createTables=true and try again.

com.ibm.ejs.sm.adminServer.createTables=true

Hi Cader,
Many Thanks. Finally it did start after changed the settings.

thanks & regards

What is the reasoning for not putting the Websphere itself on the iSeries ?
I am only asking because we're trying to determine what is the best alternative Win2K vs iSeries for Websphere?
Thanks for any input.

We have run an NT and an AS400 web server and have found the AS400 to perform better. We have an all-in-one solution. But we have a small user base.

Hi,
Initially we did plan all-in-one solution ie. webserver on ES which IBM recomended. But JDEdwards team told that there are security issues(didnt mention any specific issue) in putting web and es on same server. so we need to go for separate webserver.

Is there really security issues?

thanks & regards

Back