Server Package Build Problem

tlwalker3

Hi List,

We installed ERP 8.0 base with SP21.E a couple of weeks ago and have not been able to build a successful server package yet. The problem that we are currently experiencing is that the build fails during the DLL compiles. We are not getting any hard error messages in the logs. The only real indication of a problem is in the .sts files. They all report a status of "E" (Error during build). Also the SvrBuild.log on the enterprise server states, “COMPLETED with ERROR” for all of the DLLs. We are not seeing any errors in the jde or debug logs.

Our system configuration is:

RS/6000 AIX 5.1
UDB/DB2 v7.2 with FixPack 7a
4Gig memory
Compiler: VisualAge C v6.0.0

Hi,
Can you provide some more details like what are the error messages. Is it something like file not found etc..

Hello,

You can take a look on your enterprise server in the CompileLogs directory.

/your drive name/jdedwardsoneworld/b7333/packages/your package name/CompileLogs

All the DLL directories are in there. Check in the .err files.

They may give you more info.

I'm getting a file not found error in the err files in the CompileLogs dir.

f0709.h to be exact.

I've been copying the file manually to the enerprise server and rebuilding from history.

Any thought why it is not being copied over?

Hi List,
We were finally able to get our server package builds to work. Here's the scoop. We are running VisualAge C 6.0.0. When you install the compiler, the install program does not create all of the necessary links to “/usr/bin” that VisualAge 5.0 did. Because of this, the build process cannot find the “xlc_r” program that is required for the build. So we added "/usr/vac/bin" to the path statement in the .profile for "jdeb7334". This fixed our issue.

Also in version 5.0 they included a script (RestoreCSET) that would restore the links, but we could not find the script on the 6.0 install. Our guess is that it was not included in 6.0.

JDE support also stated that we needed to change some other settings to the [BSFN BUILD] section in our JDE.INI file on the server. They are:

1. Change the "-qflag=I:I" to "-qflag=W:W"
2. Add "-bdynamic" to the "LinkFlags" section
3. Change the SimultaneousBuilds value to something other than 0

Thanks for the responses.

Back