SP21 JAS - Direct Generation

CNCTech

Hey guys,
I am upgrading my JAS server from SP20 to SP21.
I am having a major problem with the egenerator. Whenever I do a validation of Direct Generation, I get a message telling me the DBDRIVERS couldnt be found, even though the path is correct an dthe classes12.zip file is there.

Has anyone seen this or upgraded from SP20 to SP21 that can share experience with me

Cheers

ERP 8 Update 6 Windows 2000 Oracle 8.1.5 Websphere 3.5.6

Yes it does. I have also tried a number of other option, i.e move the files to another partion and point to that location with no success. I am very puzzled. This was working perfectly with Service Pack 20.

I copied the files to the same directory that my gen.bat is located in and
those errors when away for me.

I just did the upgrade from SP20 to SP21 last week. Our config is a little different as we are using SQL Server and WebSphere 4 Advanced Single Server edition. Is your eGenerator and JAS server the same machine? I have been using the generator folder that's delivered with SP21 packages (x:\b7\system\generator) and it has been working pretty well for us. We use both direct gen and regular gen.

Re: RE: SP21 JAS - Direct Generation

Howdy,
I have followed your suggestion and copied all files and directories to where Gen.bat resides. I managed to launch eGenerator. However, now when I connect, I do connect but I get the following errors showing up in DOS:

Error while checking Database Indicies.

I did the SP20 to SP21 upgrade successfully and here are some points. (to be honest it was not all plain sailing).

I think the .ini file changes format. Be sure to configure the SP21 ini file (web\webclient\WEB-INF).

First, in the JAS.INI is you JDBC URL ok?

Regarding the drivers... if you are using (say) Oracle you need to first ensure you need to comment OUT the other lines (for SQL, AS/400 etc).

Mine looks like this.

[JDBC DRIVERS]
# Define the JDBC drivers that JAS will load to access a database.
# Uncomment the JDBC driver(s) for every type of database that JAS will access.
#
# Note:
# Type O = Oracle
# Type I,4 or R = DB2
# Type S = Microsoft SQL Server
# Type W = DB2/UDB on AIX, HP, SUN and NT platform
#

O=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
#I/4/R=com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver
#S=com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver
#W=COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver

If you are using portal this one is useful too.
DataMigrationHasOccurredXeSP21=true

And now in SP21 you can use
DefaultWorkspace=SOMETHING

And then look in your GEN.BAT. This is the DBDRIVERS from mine :

set DBDRIVERS=C:\JDEdwardsOneWorld\B7333\internet\jas\classes12.zip

:please DO NOT modify GEN_CLASSPATH section!!!
:please set classpath to the required Files
set GEN_CLASSPATH=WEB-INF\classes;WEB-INF\lib\images.jar;WEB-INF\lib\xalan.jar;WEB-INF\lib\xerces.jar;WEB-INF\lib\OWResource.jar;%DBDRIVERS%

Note that the classpath must point to the .zip file itself that contains the JDBC drivers (not the path of the .zip file).

Last, check your GEN_CLASSPATH contains the DBDRIVERS.

Feel free to email me directly if you get more grief.
Cheers

[email protected]

I just had this issue and ther is an ESU that you need to apply. for Xe it is JD16345, which does fixt the issues after you re-generate the F989999 and the F989998. For ERP 8.0 it is JE1286, which fixes it somewhat you have to manually make the change to the UID and OID in the DD for 2 to 20 to change from Char ot Varchar, you alos have to Re-generate the serealized bojects tables for it to work.

Hopefully this will help.

Thank you to everyone that responded to me.
THE Special ESU that need to be applied release for B7333. I am on ERP8.
I followed the instructions in JDE Document oti-02-0077
However I am still getting the the following error displaying in DOS MODE:

Connection mad

JAS Connection

Checking Datab
Error Message:
szErro
subText:
alphaDescripti
glossaryTextTe
errorLevel: 1
idItem: -1

Error Message:
szErro
subText:
alphaDescripti
glossaryTextTe
errorLevel: 1
idItem: -1

Anyone seen this before ???

Hello CNCTECH,

I have the same issue you described. I generetated all seriralized objects and the system is working. Is it working at your site?
Regards

Herbert

Were you able to successfully generate the serialised objects with no errors? Are you using Direct Generation?

Are you on ERP8 and Oracle 8i?

Hi CNCTECH,
I got the same messages as you did, but it works. I`m using Direct Generation, ERP8 and Oracle 9i.
It´s just a Demo-Insatllation on W2K with VM-Ware, best tool I have seen. DS, ES and WEB-Server on 1box...
Regards
Herbert

I have by passed the error and was able to generate the serialised objects successfully with no errors.
However, I am still at a loss as to what that error message means since there is no mention of it on JDE Knowledge Garden.

If anyone seen it, please share with us the meaning of the latter.

Back