Update 6 Install Problem

Slap

We have recently moved to SP19.1 in order install update 6 on OneWorld Xe. We have also created a new environment identical to production with the database for this new environment having the exact same user and password as the other databases and being identical to what is set up as the system user and password in JDE. This environment is to be a test environment only for Update 6 before we move on to the regular development environment.

I followed the special instructions and regular instructions precisely and keep getting hung up on the same problem. During the course of the installation from JDEPLAN, I get prompted for the user and password for the Production database(We are using Oracle here). I enter that and it proceeds. In attended workbench mode (I have tried attended and unattended and come up with the same results) When it gets to the table conversion portion, I select convert all and a prompt comes up for the environment I am applying this to for the user and password. This is the exact same user and password as the production one, but it will not accept the correct user and password. It just keeps prompting for the user and password. In the jde.log, it gives me the error:

ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

Trying this out on SQL Plus on this same box, that user and password for database is accepted.

Does anyone understand why that elsewhere in OneWorld, JDE can access this database, but only during the installation of Update 6, the user and password do not work for this environment?

I'm having this same problem...
I assumed it was due to the fact that some UBEs assume the password
to be the same as the owner name, but I've tried JDE's suggested
workaround from document OTM-01-0095 and it hasn't fixed the problem.
I'm currently working with someone from JDE on the problem.

--Scotti Whitmire
DeRoyal Industries
Xe U2, SP19.1, AIX 4.3.3, Oracle 8.1.6.3

Slap

Has your oracle dba changed the default passwords for the OneWorld datasources i.e. proddta, prodctl etc? I think the passwords need to be the same as the datasource when doing upgrades.

Patty

All userid and password have to be the same while you are installing the Update6.
We use different password, but for the installation I changed them back to JDE's standards and installation when smooth. No errors.

I hope it will help.

Re: RE: Update 6 Install Problem

Thanks everyone for your help. Changing the object owners in the database to have identical usernames with their passwords worked. You may want to try this Scotti.

RE: RE: Update 6 Install Problem

I'll do that. But I have another problem/question now... the installation
is trying to create tables in Business Data - JDE even though I'm applying
it
to a completely separate environment. Is it supposed to be doing this?
Did yours do that?

Thanks,
--Scotti Whitmire
DeRoyal Industries
Xe U2, SP19.1, AIX 4.3.3, Oracle 8.1.6.3

Re: RE: RE: Update 6 Install Problem

Well, once I got past the prompt problem, mine failed in the table conversions, particularly in the R98407. Looking at that though, it was only trying to create tables in my Business Data of the environment I am applying it to. So no it is not trying to create tables outside of this environment.

Re: RE: RE: Update 6 Install Problem

Dear list,

I am facing exactly the same problem with XU7. R98407 is failing on creating all new tables in Business Data - TEST.

Regenerate and index creation returns with success. R98403 (Environment Database Creation) also returns back with success.

Would appreciate any idea or tip

regards,

Xe, Update 2, Windows 2000, SQL 7.0

Back