HELP !! Update package build status

tgore

tgore

Reputable Poster
How can I check the status of an update package build? I have submitted a build and it is running way longer than any update I have built so far. I know it is normal for the task manager to display "Not responding". I run everything from my FAT client, not the deployment server. I have a couple of projects with a large number of UBE versions. Could this be the hangup?

Thanks

Hello...
You can check in the directory under the deplyment, \\b7333\PD7333\PACKAGES\NAMEOFPACKAGE , the file Builderror.txt, in wich step is the process. I have problems like you, that un update package is hang for a long time, and i fgured that the problem was in the gbrspec of the parent package, and i've to build a full package.
Bye
Pablo Falicoff
CNC Administrator
Grupo Assa

Often you might find that the parent package specifications have become corrupt, and that your update is hanging on the GBRSPEC portion of your update - it is attempting to re-index and re-create the entire GBRSPEC and at this point it is likely to fail.

There are 2 solutions to this.

1. If you do not have time, rename your parent package SPEC directory (to SPECBAK or something) and copy the latest SPEC directory from a workstation or a citrix server to this parent package directory. Resubmit the update package.

2. You need to do this anyway. Run a full package build. It will recreate the specifications.

Thanks for your help. The other question I have would be, how do you know if it is "hung" on the gbrspec vs it is just running a long time?

What part of the package build is running? The client (R962161) or the server (R9622)? If it's the latter, look in the SvrBuild.log file in that same directory. Also, if it's an AS/400 server, check the job's that have been submitted by OneWorld and see if the business functions have been built.

Watch the log - if it is hanging on the client side, then you'll see the log stop on GBRSPEC.DDB - you'll also see the parent package's GBRSPEC.DDB file being updated.

Hope the full build fixed your problem.

Back