Work Order

ivye

Hi List,

a) I am very new to Work Order(WO) and manufacturing. I managed to create a WO from SO. My question, do i need to use BOM? I seems to have problems when i am trying to do Issue from WO. DO i have to manually attach the parts list to the WO?

b) After i manage to go inventory issue, i checked my sales order, the order is closed. Next status/Last Status=620/999. Where do i control in order for NS to be 580?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

ivy

a) My question, do i need to use BOM? I seems to have problems when i am trying to do Issue from WO. DO i have to manually attach the parts list to the WO?
Answer:You needn't use BOM when you generate WO from salse order with the line type "W"(You can setup other order line type).But if you want to attach parts list to the WO ,you need BOM(except in sales configuration module).You can attach the parts list manually when you work with "Enter/Change Order" or run R31410.
b) After i manage to go inventory issue, i checked my sales order, the order is closed. Next status/Last Status=620/999. Where do i control in order for NS to be 580?
Answer:I have test for many times,but i can't find the status of sales order changed after the related WO is issued.Do you do some operation with the sales order(Print Pick Slips or Confirm Shipment)? Maybe you can check the Order Activity Rules.Let's wait for other's help.:)

1. You do have to create a BOM for the work order piece of it. When you run
the R31802 (in XE) it will attach your parts list and your routing to the
work order...

2. You can go to G4241 menu and then click on Order Activity rules and
change the order activity rules based on that document type/line type
combination... for example SO / SN - SO is the document type and SN is the
line type...

let me know. thanks, Bobby

a) I am very new to Work Order(WO) and manufacturing. I managed to create a
WO from SO. My question, do i need to use BOM? I seems to have problems when
i am trying to do Issue from WO. DO i have to manually attach the parts list
to the WO?

b) After i manage to go inventory issue, i checked my sales order, the order
is closed. Next status/Last Status=620/999. Where do i control in order for
NS to be 580?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

ivy

Ivy,

Don't forget that you can perform "Unplanned Issues" to a Work Order directly from P31113. It is controlled by a Processing Option. You can create the Parts List as you Issue without need for a pre-configured BOM.

Hi,

What you need to keep in mind is first of all the Edwards purposse behind creating a WO from a SO. It's only used to create rush orders. In other words, if there's not enough on stock for the SO to be completed, by using line type W a emergency workorder can be created. As soon as this WO is completed, automatically the SO is updated and can be closed.

Furthermore, it's my opinion that you use a BOM for issuing a WO. A parts list is needed for issuing and a parts list is based on the BOM

Hi List,

Would like some inputs:
1. The only way is see to update the sales order status code after completion of Work Order is by running P31114.After doing this, i manage to update my next status. My question, is this a standard practice?

2. I also notice that my cost is not being updated back to my sales order based on materials issue. How can this be done?

Back