Verify User / Psswd in AD from JDE Form

DYoung

I am creating a form that will prompt for user ID and password from user when a row exit / form exit is taken. I need to verify this combination to the network LDAP before passing info on to the invoked application. Has anyone done something like this before?

Thanks for the assistance!

Information:
Installation: E1 8.12 Update 3; TR: 8.97.1.1;
Tools Baseline: JK14530 Planner: JK16198;
PD EntSrvr=Win2k3R2 DtaCntrEd SP1
DV & PY EntSrvr2=Win2k3R2 EnterpriseEd SP2
DBSrvr=Win2k3R2 DtacntrEd SP1, MS Sql2005 SP2
JASrvr=(2x)Win2k3R2 StdEd SP2, WAS6.0.2.21

I doubt you will be able to achive this on the WEB client. But this can probably be implemented outside of JDE and IE (i.e.: within something like our OneBrowser product).

We have done something similar. Basically we created a C BSFN that makes the LDAP calls. Also, we use Windows 2003 servers, so our code is Windows specific. I am not sure what the implementation would be like or if it is possible for other environments. You will need the following include in your BSFN:

#include <winldap.h>

BOster -

Thanks - this was the way I was hoping it could be done. Just out of curiosity, did your app require to hold these variables, or does the app require signon each time?

Not exactly sure what you are asking. You will need some "system" credentials to use when calling the LDAP api, we stored those in a constants table (they are stored in encrypted form). Our requirements were slightly different than what you are trying to accomplish, we are only validating that the user exists in AD (LDAP) and also validating their email address. However, the APIs should be there to take a username/pw and authenticate against AD via the LDAP api, which is what I believe you are trying to accomplish.

Yes, but this was all Fat Client stuff, right? Doing the same on a WEB page will be much harder to achieve, if at all possible.

No it works for both web, fat client and citrix. all the ldap calls happen in a bsfn which executes on the batch server.

Maybe I dont understand what the original poster is trying to accomplish...

BOster -

You have the right idea in mind. I am creating a form that prompts the user for the ID and Pass (currently our JDE and Network profiles are not in synch). I need a way to authenticate the user information, and utilize that to contact another software package that, although it links to JDE, it operates outside of JDE (our Doc Mgmt software). The ldap binds from the c BSFN was what I was hoping you would say could take place.

I should point out that we called the LDAP api via Dynamic Loading or Dynamic Linking (aka LoadLibrary/GetProcAddress).

Ok, the authentication part I can see, but I'm under impression DYoung also needed to call some other app and I assumed it was to be called from the client. Now if that can be called from the E/Server, then perhaps it's all doable...

Calling another 3rd party application is a whole other problem and wasn't the topic of this thread. This was strictly about making LDAP calls from OneWorld.

As far as calling the other app, he stated it was a document management application so it is probably web based as well so it probably wont be a problem.

BOster -

Would you be willing to discuss further what you had to do to make this work? Where did you find the information on the LoadLibrary/GetProcAddress for the LDAP APIs?

Thanks for your help - it is greatly appreciated.

Darren Young
Information:
Installation: E1 8.12 Update 3; TR: 8.97.1.1;
Tools Baseline: JK14530 Planner: JK16198;
PD EntSrvr=Win2k3R2 DtaCntrEd SP1
DV & PY EntSrvr2=Win2k3R2 EnterpriseEd SP2
DBSrvr=Win2k3R2 DtacntrEd SP1, MS Sql2005 SP2
JASrvr=(2x)Win2k3R2 StdEd SP2, WAS6.0.2.21

Back