update few columns in F4211

susmitha

Hi,

We have a requirement where i need to update start date,request date in F4801. I would like to update all tables effected by this change. I am using
F4211 Begin Doc
F4211 Edit Doc
F4211 Edit Line
F4211 End Doc
I am not passing all the paramenters
When i run the process i see that my required fields(date fields) are updated but some other fields are blanked out(like VR01,UPRC,AEXP....)
I would like to know if there is any other method of restoring unchanged values.
I am using work files to store values and see that some fields are blanked out in work files also.

Any help appreciated...

susmitha
E811.1

You will probably need to pass most fields if using the SOE MBF, not just the ones you want changed since the MBF may think that you want to update the field to blank.

I presume you are trying to update the F4211, not the F4801.

As a safe practice, you should always use the Master BSFNs to update, as you are trying to do. The correct way to use them is to change the same fields using the P4210 while the ER Debugger runs and see the logic flow and the function calls. For one, you'll surely need to pass in most data parameters to the Edit Line function, or else they will be blanked out.

If you are confident that the fields you are trying to update do not have any dependencies, you can write a quick application which looks like the Speed Status update application, where you can provide the couple of dates below a Find/Browse grid and an update button (like the Next Status in that application). The user can select one/multiple grid rows and update the dates. But use this way only if you are sure it's safe to do so.

Thanks Boster...

Sachin,

When i change DRQJ of F4211 ,F4801 Start date and request date are also updated . That is the reason why i would like to use MBF .
I think i need to pass most of the fields in the MBF...
Thank you for valuable suggestions.

Susmitha
E8.11

Back